SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-13, 10:56 AM   #11
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: Jesus and Easter

I'm a believer!

I believe that bank holiday weekend equals double time for me.

Thanks God.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-13, 11:06 AM   #12
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I thought John Cadbury was the god of Easter.

Sainsburys at 2pm yesterday was so busy they had to close the car park as it was full. Panic everyone - supermarkets are shut for ONE WHOLE DAY!
Old 31-03-13, 11:43 AM   #13
ClunkintheUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco2 View Post
What really gets me is I don't go around trying to convince any one that there isn't a god so why to people try and convince me otherwise without any proof and I do mean without any.
Its like the opposite of people with tattoo. "what's the different between someone with a tattoo and someone without? Those with a tattoo don't care if you have one."
Old 31-03-13, 11:58 AM   #14

Question Re: Jesus and Easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
I am a science man, plenty of actual evidence from that side. God/religion?...... Oh yeah, a glorified pub story that's made its way through generations, with no actual evidence that any of the more impressive parts actually happened.

I remember getting angry looks from the teachers at school when I would stand through the lords prayer, eyes wide open thinking WTF?
Are you serious?

Pub story?

Some of you need to educate yourselves with theology, the bible is the most accurately reproduced and circulated of any historical text.

There is more physical evidence Jesus existed that ceaser you just have to look for it and have your eyes open.

I don't mind that you don't believe however I do mind people's blatant ignorance when they have done no investigation into something themselves, it is shortsighted.

For me, today Jesus rose from the dead to save us all from our sins, am I right? I believe so.

And if you ever feel like expanding your knowledge even if its to try and understand why I might believe the pub story then google the alpha course whilst eating your choccy, never know u might even enjoy it.

Much love

Alex
Old 31-03-13, 12:47 PM   #15
Speedy Claire

I`m undecided on all this death/afterlife debate. I`m spiritual but not religious and I`ve held the hands of so many dying people and been with them in their last moments that I mostly feel there has to be something after we die. I`ve witnessed too many things that defy explanation. I know that there will always be someone who will say there`s always an explanation and the brain is powerful etc etc but I don`t want to hear the scientific explanations. I respect anyone who has a faith and doesn`t try to force me to follow their beliefs. Religion brings such peace and comfort to so many people in their last days and I would never deny them that comfort.

BUT Happy Easter everyone regardless of your beliefs.

To the non believers enjoy your chocolate eggs and extended weekend and to those with faith may the Lord bless your home with happiness and unwavering faith this Easter.
Old 31-03-13, 04:51 PM   #16
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Thank you Claire. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Old 31-03-13, 05:06 PM   #17
sorebutt

I'll believe in anything that gives me a few days off each year! - ere's to yer JC an yer ol' man!
Old 31-03-13, 05:25 PM   #18
Bluefish

Did the big JC create the other 10 million planet's, or was that someone else, only the Bible doesn't tell us so?
Old 31-03-13, 05:44 PM   #19
Specialone

Show me some real factual evidence, I might change my mind, I have no doubts jc probably did exist around that time, I do have doubts about the rest of it though, science suggests it didn't happen.
Old 31-03-13, 05:49 PM   #20
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Sainsburys at 2pm yesterday was so busy they had to close the car park as it was full. Panic everyone - supermarkets are shut for ONE WHOLE DAY!
The best thing about today is the relatively clear roads. Coming home from Shropshire this morning was fabulous because all the sad numpties who have nothing better to do than go to an outlet village or out of town shopping centre at the weekend had to stay at home because they were all shut. Ha ha ha!!!!! I like it when the shops shut. Wonder how many people looked out of the window this morning and seeing a small patch of blue sky decided to go and buy some plants. Snigger.