SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-06-23, 06:00 AM   #11
daktulos

Default Re: Shoei GT Air 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Can you blow air through the rear vents into the helmet and feel it coming through the front?
I've not tried that, but I can shine a light through and see it, so I think the vents are working. Looking at threads on the Internet, some people think it's great, some think it's terrible - I wonder if it's something to do with head shape or helmet size.

I guess I'm just going to have to live with it (it's the only helmet I found with an internal sun visor which fit my pointy head).

Thank, all.

Edit - I found this review, which contains two quotes:

https://products.motorcyclenews.com/...air-ii-review/

Quote:
When they’re open it’s like having your head blasted with cool compressed air, which is a blessed relief in hot weather
Quote:
The GT-Air II is a great helmet that is let down by poor air flow from the chin vent in particular. On warm, dry rides, this isn’t a massive issue though you may be warmer than you want but you can easily crack the visor slightly to get some additional airflow.
It's weird how a helmet vary such a lot. It's not something you can try out before buying, either.

Last edited by daktulos; 16-06-23 at 06:05 AM.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-23, 04:25 PM   #12
Bibio
Mega Poster

i have a GT Air and its ok for air flow. its to do with hair and the lack of mesh to stop the hair being dragged into the lining vent flows. long hair is fine, short hair is fine, no hair is perfect but med hair cut is bad and mine ends up looking like a punk throwback hairdoo.

air flow on bike has a lot to do with it as well. large screens wont let air flow across the helmet so no air flow into helmet. my visor used to steam up like mad when i had a full fairing.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-23, 09:40 PM   #13
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
mine ends up looking like a punk throwback hairdoo.
It's time I cut my hair, clearly. I did end up with a distinctly bouffant do when i got into the office, and of course I didn't look in a mirror for a good half hour.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote