SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 27-02-07, 09:49 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default Request for a "General chat sticky"

The ice cream run post has hit 9 pages and is now nothing to do with the Ice Cream run. I know we have general chat areas elsewhere on the forum, but this is SV Ecosse chat between mates and other people you've met / meet regularly. Can we have an Idle chat/banter sticky in SV Ecosse?
Old 28-02-07, 11:42 AM   #2
Tiger 55

Default Re: Request for a "General chat sticky"

I've only got 5 pages, maybe I'm missing all the offensive ones...

However,

Last edited by Tiger 55; 28-02-07 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Sorry Colin, couldn't find the "What he said" smilie..
Old 28-02-07, 11:47 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Depends on how many posts you have per page. You can set this in you UserCP area.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-07, 11:53 PM   #4
-Ralph-

I bit contradictory after asking for a general chat sticky, but I've been spending a fair bit of time on here lately as I've been stuck in front of my PC with not much to occupy my time for various reasons. Been getting more heavily involved in forum discussions debates, which is something I love to sit in the pub with friends and do in person (we are well known for our 5am discussions!)

Sv650.org was the first of a couple of forum memberships, and I only joined this time last year (I was under a different username then) so I'm not an old hat at this. I'm fast learning the hazards of "context in text" as Northy puts it and people can take things in completely the opposite way to which they were intended, I know there's nothing been big time misinterpreted here but I'm not only talking about stuff you can read on here.

This leads me to think, we'll if he/she read it like that, how many other folk read it the wrong way and now think I'm a and I don't have a bad feeling in my body for anyone on here. It would seem the best way not to upset folk is to not to say too much, 'cos you just can't get what you are trying to say across the same in text.

I'm a bit too honest in saying what I think sometimes too.

So I'm going to cool off posting for a while, still here and still reading with interest, see you on rideouts and post the occasional thing if I can help somebody with something, but as for the long debates ..... shlater! You were probably bored with my essays anyway.

You guys rock!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 01-03-07 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-03-07, 01:28 AM   #5
independentphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
I'm fast learning the hazards of "context in text" as Northy puts it and people can take things in completely the opposite way to which they were intended

I don't have a bad feeling in my body for anyone on here. It would seem the best way not to upset folk is to not to say too much, 'cos you just can't get what you are trying to say across the same in text.

I'm a bit too honest in saying what I think sometimes too.

So I'm going to cool off posting for a while, see you on rideouts and post the occasional thing if I can help somebody with something, but as for the long debates ..... shlater!

You guys rock!
Nice one mate.

Brains at work there. I know exactly what you mean. People come on here looking for chat etc relevant to biking in Scotland and in particular SVs. Instead there is a danger - And we are ALL guilty, of having some kind of chit-chat/ slagging match among ourselves. Not inspirational or helpful. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for anything useful on here and watching the weather "presenters" with crossed fingers. In the mean time- join some of us periphery watching and waiting. Crouching Tiger (55?), Hidden SV (like mine! )

Cheers,

Garry
Old 01-03-07, 08:06 AM   #6
Tiger 55

So you say something on here and somebody takes it the wrong way, well, these things happen. Then, on a rideout or over a game of crazy golf (mad for it!), you can establish what you actually meant, no harm done.

If I think "better make sure they know I'm joking" then I use a smilie, thus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
Got a bloody SV engine in it
and so do you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Now! Wet corners would be just great if you didn't have to scream the powerbandy nuts off it
Don't get me wrong, I waste a lot of time on Idle Banter but the thing about chatting in the Ecosse section is you know who you're offending, I like that! So come on Ralph. come on Indie, come on all you other lurkers, this is not just for SV only help and advice between Berwick and Cape Wrath it's also an opportunity for a bit of banter.

But maybe you disagree with me, in which case go **** up a rope

See what I did there...
Old 02-03-07, 01:51 AM   #7
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Thanks for clearing up why I keep seeing the ice cream thread in last posts. got me puzzled but never looked at it.
please don't hide all your chat away in SV Ecosse though. You lot can post some of the best stuff, but try and hide it in SV Ecosse.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote