SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-06-09, 08:36 AM   #41
captainsmelly

Default Re: Couldn't believe what was happening

That's awfull! A similar thing happened to a mate, two little chavy dikheads tried to block the road in front of his CBRRR he just opened the throttle and let them have a taste of his screen accessories - something like these...

When he got home there was rather a lot of skin flapping off them
Old 05-06-09, 08:42 AM   #42
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
It's all very well coming up with ideas of what we would all have done but it's an entirely different matter when it happens to you completely by surprise. I don't suppose it's a lot of help with various imaginative suggestions as to how to get rich quick out of it either, in fact I'm not sure that makes you any better then the chavs, you're both looking to make a quick dishonest buck....

As for the Op you did the right thing getting out of their quick and going to the police. You're Ok and that's the important thing. Try not to let this get you down, things like this are still extremely rare in the UK but you can take steps to try and avoid it happening to you again. I grew up in South America and there are some simple steps to avoid being easy pickings, including never stopping directly behind another vehicle (actually that's good advanced riding stuff anyhow) so you've always got a bail out, clip your keys to the bike with a simple dog clip (again useful for clipping them to your jacket to avoid pickpockets) and never take the bad guy on. It's not the one in front of you that will hurt you, it's his mate behind you. Put it down to life mate and move on, older and wiser.
thank you.

well said.

I can handle myself fine, can scrap with the best fo them. but if someone tried to mug me (and ive been muged afew times) they can have my stuff, and ill keep my life thanks. only option is run away if you can do it, so if you are on a bike, thats your best option.

if someone is robbing you, they dont give a f**k about you, so please dont be stupid and take the risk.
Old 05-06-09, 09:40 AM   #43
Sudoxe

A couple of wires from the alternator via an on off switch an yo have yourself an anti chav tazer...

*******s, if somone did that to me, I would quite possibly loose my temper and do something bad.

Someone threw an egg at me once, this ended up with me going the wrong way down a one way street and finding & cornering the bas****, turned out the kid was only abotu 8 so I did a burn out to scare him some more then left.
Old 05-06-09, 10:05 AM   #44
Owenski

We were all kids who played pranks once, had a little laugh at someone elses expense not really understanding what effect our actions had on the victims but this isnt a prank it isnt just having a laugh its assult. And as YC said its self defence, to attack back (all be it I dont think id think to run someone over with a bike lol).

In reality I'd have prob been just like you mate too busy thinking wtf to do a feckin thing. But if they've done it before they may be willing to do it again which makes me wonder if a few of the Yorkshire local lot may fancy piling in a couple of cars your bike sandwiched between both cars and approach the same junction, see if we can entise them to try it again all be it unknown to them they 8 more people will be willing to jump out and catch the little feckers deal a bit of swift justice or take em to the cop-shop ourselves.
Might not be advisebale but, fight fire with fire! worth a thought.
Old 05-06-09, 10:15 AM   #45
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

"Harry, fetch the AK please."

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 10:31 AM   #46
PsychoCannon

Just make sure you always have your pillion;

You have to copy paste this link for some reason =/

http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/israelibike.jpg

Or less subtle:
http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk...no-sidecar.php

And this is slightly off topic but having heard so many people suggest it, I finally found someone who's done it for a bicycle =p.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...ybike-Project/
Would give a whole new level of annoyance to cold calls though!

Last edited by PsychoCannon; 05-06-09 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-06-09, 10:38 AM   #47
AndyL

A similar thing happened to me and my fiancee's sisters husband, a group of about 6-7 chavs were walking down the centre of the side of the road that we were on, as we approached they just turned around, looked, and then carried on walking down the road. The guy I was with then used the horn to tell tham to shift so 3 of the lads picked up stones from the side of the road and threw at the windscreen (these were big stones and if the stupid chavs could aim then im sure the window would have smashed). Anyway this was late at night (approx 11:30pm) so there were nobody to come and help us/act as witnesses, so my future brother in law jumperd out the van, grabbed a metal pole from the back and walked towards them. Needless to say they ran like hell (was quiet funny to see these "tough" lads do a runner), I dare say if it were me who had been driving I might well not have been so inclined to invite all hell to break loose by confronting them. Anyway glad to here the OP didnt get any serious damage done.

Andy
Old 05-06-09, 11:16 AM   #48
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
A similar thing happened to me and my fiancee's sisters husband, a group of about 6-7 chavs were walking down the centre of the side of the road that we were on, as we approached they just turned around, looked, and then carried on walking down the road. The guy I was with then used the horn to tell tham to shift so 3 of the lads picked up stones from the side of the road and threw at the windscreen (these were big stones and if the stupid chavs could aim then im sure the window would have smashed). Anyway this was late at night (approx 11:30pm) so there were nobody to come and help us/act as witnesses, so my future brother in law jumperd out the van, grabbed a metal pole from the back and walked towards them. Needless to say they ran like hell (was quiet funny to see these "tough" lads do a runner), I dare say if it were me who had been driving I might well not have been so inclined to invite all hell to break loose by confronting them. Anyway glad to here the OP didnt get any serious damage done.

Andy
Having the pole prob helped your brother in law to be. It really really wings me up to the point of lock jaw when you hear far too often now that:
"mr smith 40yr old husband and farther or 2 was beaten to death last night when he went out side to ask a group of youths to stop kicking his car and garden onuments, his wife seen here sporting matching black eyes when a rock hit her in the face while she screamed for help for her husband" etc....

Seriously something NEEDS to be done, its the only bit of politics that I care about/get worked up about, that and forign workers which was a great idea in principal but as no one worked out that the british workers dont get anything out of the deal we've ended up tripping up over our own feet.
Old 05-06-09, 11:27 AM   #49
Owenski

Sorry, bit calmer now Mods can determin if that needs deleating/editing or anything.
For the record I have no problem with forigen people my problem is that there are thousands of British people out of work yet thousands of none Britains working in this country. Obiously common economics is not part of the governments education.
Old 05-06-09, 12:08 PM   #50
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Sorry to see that this happened Never gonna be nice.

If the little c*nts try it again, let his hand go toward the key almost have it, and punch forcefully down with your re-inforced knuckled gloves roughly 6 inches up from his wrist (accuracy with the 6 inches is not required, so no need to get the ruler out, just about halfway up to his elbow), if you hear a snap, game on, ride off, if no snap, he'll sure have a dead fecking arm, ride off. If it does snap, ring police, tell them same buggers again tried it, he should be down A&E with a broken arm
Problem with this is you're inviting prosecution on yourself.

Do unto others before they do unto you, then f#ck off before the police arrive.