SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-08-10, 11:17 AM   #1
BernardBikerchick

Default Notting Hill Carnival anyone go .. WOOOWWWWWWWWWW

Has GOT to be the most amazing weekend ever ever ever !!! Surrounded by happy buzzing great people the vibe was awesome everyone just out to have a good laugh - it was fantastic brilliant bopping day !! Had lots of jiggles and saw a fair few too !!! yes YOU it was so uplifting and fantastic!!! - and to go on BOTH days !! wooow going every year now till day i die !!!!
It was lke being in a happy bubble alllll day long I even had ince dreams about it too last night !!!

So .....Did you go? what did you think?? did you see me naked ?

bbc MJ xxxx

I even saw 2 spidermans too ! but only one real one !!!
Old 31-08-10, 11:35 AM   #2
davepreston

Default Re: Notting Hill Carnival anyone go .. WOOOWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBikerchick View Post
So .....Did you go? No what did you think?? meh did you see me naked ?thank christ NO
so how many people got stabbed this year, i assume you went naked to stop someone pick pocketing you, unusual but effective i must say
Old 31-08-10, 11:38 AM   #3

I wondered why there was a shortage of E in the south this weekend...!
Old 31-08-10, 12:04 PM   #4
BernardBikerchick

cheeeeeeeky boys !!!!!!

nah no stabbing from what I know !!! didn'y reeeeeeeeeaallly go naked !!!!!! just ate drank danced smiled and giggled all day was just amazing !!!
Old 31-08-10, 03:27 PM   #5
BernardBikerchick

are you really telling me non of you lot went to carnival !!!!!! - my boss actually ex boss suggested i was too old for this i want to hit her very hard !!!
Old 01-09-10, 03:05 PM   #6
breakz187

I went. It was great. Everyone loves to go on about how its so dangerous etc, nut as long as you're not into no gangster sh|t you're fine.
breakz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 06:26 PM   #7
G
Mega Poster

I went to London this weekend with the intention of going.

We stayed in the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge (Nice place in case anyone is interested). We walked about loads on Saturday then spent a stupid amount of time in Madame Tussauds on sunday morning... we ended up getting to the Notting Hill about 5pm, we got off the tube stop and ended up walking the wrong way.

Asked some coppers which way was the right way and just as we did two black guys mugged a young couple right in front of us and the coppers, crazy stuff. The coppers then did absolutely nothing and let them run off. Then people started kicking off at the coppers for doing nothing and it all got a bit out of hand so we left and went home without seeing anything.

Will try again next year and turn up a bit earlier.
Old 02-09-10, 04:31 PM   #8
missyburd

what no pictures????? Hmph...
Old 02-09-10, 05:08 PM   #9
Fizzy Fish

I've had a few nice trips there in the past, but a few years ago I had a bad experience there that really put me off.

I went with my best mate and we got caught in a few really nasty crushes, where we had to lift kids up to stop them getting trampled, and my mate got shoved over the top of a market stall and cut her leg open on a bicycle there. It probably didn't help that some tossers threw fircrackers into the crowd, but that stuff seems to happen at the carvival. Then we saw someone being mugged on the way back, and to top it all off there are never any toilets either - vey important for girls who like to enjoy a few drinks...

Sadly I haven't been back since, but at least BBC has proved that you can still have fun there! Maybe I just need a large bodyguard and a SheWee...
Old 02-09-10, 10:07 PM   #10
Ch00

I was working both days guarding some bus stops and looking after some TFL staff. It seem quieter than last year. Didnt see any floats. Waste of time imo.