SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Good The Bad and The Ugly Pub and Cafe guide Know any good biking meeting places. List them here and give them a rating

Old 26-06-04, 02:51 PM   #1
mudge32

Default The Ponderosa, nr Llangollen

Great roads to it, and around it, as long as you behave yourselves

http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/
Old 26-06-04, 03:17 PM   #2
harrisman

Yeah the police presence there can b pretty heavy there at times!!!!!! They love licence plates and exhausts
Old 06-07-04, 04:29 PM   #3
Suzie650

I live about 15 mins ride away from the Ponderosa - very friendly staff. Watch out for sheep ambeling across the road hidden 'round corners. Weekend before last we saw a total of three traffic police cars, one 'arrive alive' speed trap van and one unmarked car (volvo I think) who was chasing a GSXR who sensibly pulled over when he spotted the uniform. All sightings were within a 20 mile radius of the Ponderosa.
Old 09-06-05, 08:29 PM   #4
Doughnut

Suzie650, I also live about 15 mins from the Horseshoe pass (A525 Nr Coedpoeth). If you ever fancy going for a spin let me know. Normaly ride out with a couple of mates (both on Harleys).

Can also confirm the Podarosa is a nightmare for the law. was pulled there about 2 weeks ago. Got off with a "friendly" warning to slow down.
Old 13-06-05, 05:39 PM   #5
BernardBikerchick

Ponderosa is thebest ! nice flapjacks too !!! i live about an hour away and its a pain journey to get there but gorgeous once you get up there ! wish it was open till ater 6pm SOME OF US HAVE TO WORK !!!

bernardbikerchick ! xx
Old 25-08-05, 12:38 PM   #6
hutchy

Unmarked is a dark blue Volvo 05 license plate, but the Ponderosa is worth the trip on a nice day, a mug of coffee is only a quid and the food is good (you even get a sheep or two for company if your eating), and if you want to test your twisty riding turn right out of car park ant at the roundabout take the second exit follow this until the junction and turn left onto the A525 through the Nant-Y-Garth pass - 2 MILES OF BENDS - I tried this run in a car and you feel like your in the twisties for ever, on my SV they flash past sooo fast I usually turn around and go back through and up to the Ponderosa for another mug just as an excuse.

About 5 miles to start of Nant-Y-Garth from top of Horseshoe pass.