SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-07-06, 08:08 PM   #11
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby2102
Billy / Lyn, well done, very interesting in case it should happen to any of us
No worries, hope it helps. Thanks to Billy for keeping a permanent copy should it fall off the forum. Failing that I still have the original on the PC.

I should also have the original from my mate which I amended to the above letter prior to publishing it on the web. If anyone needs it for night time riding and relevant highway code sections I can forward that on if needs be.

And a thankyou to those whove used it and said thankyou, nice to know it was worth publishing it in the first place and has helped.
Old 10-07-06, 08:54 PM   #12
svpilot

Check your insurance docs to see if it provides any legal cover, if it does give 'em a call. Most will offer a 'no win no fee deal'. Don't be put off by this, a reputable firm such as White Dalton claim their fees from the other side, it is not taken from anything awarded to you. Check out their website.

I got taken out by a twit opening their car door on the A2. Despite the police not wanting to know (it was the passenger that opened the door) and a few online 'experts' suggesting I was at fault for daring to filter, the other party was found 100% liable. It's can be a long process though... my accident was over 7 months ago... still no cheque (I was injured though, so it is still ongoing)

I'm sorry to hear about your off, consider yourself lucky you're not injured (I know you don't feel lucky but bikes can be replaced/fixed)

Good luck!
Old 11-07-06, 06:52 PM   #13
paulthewitt

very similoar happened to me. although it *should* be the cars resposibility to make sure both ways are clear, it doesntwork like that!

mine went 50/50 speak to your lawyer and claim against em as their fault....say hgello to a 2 year legal battle.....claim for every injury. make sure they know about every one....even bruises. personal injury is where the money comes from.

Paul