SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-07-09, 08:39 PM   #1
shiver85

Default Got my knee down at last

woooooooooooo rather happy with myself after 1 year 2 weeks i managed to get it done along the a22 somewhere theres a big roundabout with redhill as a turn off. got my foot in place cheek across the seat head down by the mirror and abit more speed next thing know scrrrrrrrrr touch down

kept going round for 2 more goes getting it down again and again when i came to turn off this woman gave me a very odd look as if to say what the hell are you doing mate

what a blinding ride didnt know where i was going or where i was but took all the little turn offs went past godstone farm and theres some lovely bends down there. all in all im now knackered from just 60miles my hand is still sore so im off for some beers and ice my hand

Old 03-07-09, 10:38 PM   #2
Berlin

Default Re: Got my knee down at last

Welcome to the other side!

There are lots reading this that are secretly jealous and revitalised into trying this having read the above. There'll be roundabouts all over the country with SV's at big lean angles tomorrow

C
Old 04-07-09, 01:07 AM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Ah good for you. I only spent all day yesterday the Brands trying to get mine down ... and failing. Was scrapping the pegs tho so the bike was over enough, i just was hanging off far enough. From some of the pics i only had centimetres to go but still a fail, lol.

One of these days, one of these days....
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 01:20 AM   #4
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Ah good for you. I only spent all day yesterday the Brands trying to get mine down ... and failing. Was scrapping the pegs tho so the bike was over enough, i just was hanging off far enough. From some of the pics i only had centimetres to go but still a fail, lol.

One of these days, one of these days....
Dude, It's much better to do it on a track than riding around in circles on the road anyway!

I have to say that ground clearance on the SV on the track isn't that great. With standard pegs, it's a fine line between knee down and peg down unless you hang off ridiculously, which ends up slowing you down and becomes "for show" anyway!

I caught a peg twice on the SV - once at Silverstone, it almost through me into the scenary!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 02:32 PM   #5
sv-robo

Have a gold star!!
Old 04-07-09, 02:38 PM   #6
Nicky S
Mega Poster

i just cant do this ever time i do it my knee is like 4 cm away from the ground and before my knee hits the ground my peg dose and i get laods of sparks which is also cool

but i just cant get my knee down like last night i hit around about to fast with a m8 on the back and slamed the bike over hoping id get my new down and instead jsut shaved more off the peg

i will do it one day ....

Nicky S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 02:43 PM   #7
wizurd

congrats no where near doing it yet myself. Think i'll try it on a track though lol
Old 04-07-09, 05:19 PM   #8
captainsmelly

Well done mate, I know that roundabout well its only a couple of miles down my road!
Old 04-07-09, 08:24 PM   #9
muffles

Now to get the left

I have to confess I never did the old roundabout trick cos I wanted to do it 'properly'. However 3.5 years of trying on the road proved fruitless, although not that far away.

I finally managed it at the same track day Spidey was at though. Mate - I think the pegs on the CBR are probably about the same setup as the SV, they are quite low - they are low enough that on some right handers I couldn't avoid touching the toe slider down as well. But I think it means you are over far enough for definite!

On track you are able to get them properly worn ...

Left:

Right:

I had to hang off this much:
Old 04-07-09, 09:25 PM   #10
G
Mega Poster

On the track my right knee goes down without even thinking about it, I have only ever had my left knee down twice, both times at rockingham on the series of left handers lol

I still think roundabouts are a giggle, there is one near me which is Junction 27 of the M1 to be exact, every sunny weekend gauranteed there is a bunch of middle aged men wobbling around on the latest machinary trying to scrape their knee lol, I always go past on the way out of town for a proper ride, slam my knee on the ground infront of the wobblers and then go for a proper ride lol.