SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 01-02-10, 11:07 PM   #1
Stig

Default The Italian supercar

is no more.

Long live the Pug 106.
Old 02-02-10, 09:49 AM   #2
walkaboutandy

Default Re: The Italian supercar

!

Couldn't have been a very 'super' supercar if you replaced it with a French motor. Although at least you've got a older well handling pug unlike the horrible new ones. Is it a Rallye or a GTI?
Old 02-02-10, 01:08 PM   #3
Stig

It's a 1.5 Diesel non turbo N reg 125k miles one. The sports car was a 0.9 Fiat Cinquicento L reg.

Things I have noticed in the hours I have owned it.

It sounds like a tractor, the right headlight is loose with the mountings broken. The rear wiper blade needs replacing. The exhaust rattles like you would not believe. I can hear it over the tractor engine. I've been informed this could be the plate that covers the Cat. It pulls to the left quite a bit which I assume is the tracking. The cigarette lighter socket comes out when I pull the power cord out with the satnav. The radio does not fit in the slot properly and sticks out. The heater when on 3 makes a hell of a noise. I think this is the fan hitting something as it flies round. It has a sticker in the engine bay which says the cambelt was changed less than 15k ago. I don't believe that for a second though. It has 125k on the clock.

Good points. It's economical to run. It has 6 months tax and 12 months MOT (time to get the headlight sorted then). I have already fixed one of the issues (wiperblade ) It does 70 mph without screaming in protest (as the Cinq did). It has a boot which is useful.

Going to put it in the garage for the tracking, cambelt and the noisy exhaust. Hopefully they won't discover anything else.
Old 02-02-10, 01:12 PM   #4
philbut

Had the same engine in my metro (but only 1.4 - they bored the pugs out slightly). It couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding and I blew the head gasket trying to get it up a hill full of all my stuff on the way to Plymouth. anyoen who knows THAT hill on the M5 will know what I'm on about just past Exeter.

Still it ran OK after I replaced it. I think I even saw 95mph one! Oh hapy days.p
Old 02-02-10, 01:47 PM   #5
Warthog

Oh the reality of owning ones own sports car! I can but dream...
Old 02-02-10, 03:56 PM   #6
Stig

I forgot. Included in the sale were two new wing mirrors. One is currently held on with gaffa tape and the other has the back missing and is a bit loose. I went out at lunchtime to have a go at fitting them. They are not in a million years ever going to fit. I can see now why they were still in the boot. Fleabay here I come.
Old 02-02-10, 04:48 PM   #7
walkaboutandy

I worked out last weekend that my diesel Beemer has now done 240,000 miles. I had to calculate it as its had a new set of clocks since I've owned it. That means I've done 90,000 miles in 5.5 years. I want to keep it till its got 250,000 then I can write "only done a quarter of a million miles" in the for sale advert.
Old 03-02-10, 03:32 PM   #8
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post

Long live the Pug 106.
Or not.

The car was pulling to the left so today I put it into kwikfit to get the tracking sorted. He came back and asked me if I had any work done to the car recently. I told him I had just bought it, he asked if it was MOT'd.

It was just a few days before I bought it. He said he could not do the tracking as the right front suspension unit had collapsed. Not only that but he said the big ends were rattling and had the car gone through the emissions test for the MOT the engine would have blown up. So what do I do now? I have tried to phone the person I bought it from but got no answer so sent him a text telling him what I was told and that I wanted my money back.

I bought the car for cash. Do I have a right to demand my money back?
Old 03-02-10, 03:57 PM   #9
Stig

Just spoke to the bloke who sold me the car. He is going to give me a full refund. Still now without a car though.

Anyone got one for sale?
Old 03-02-10, 04:07 PM   #10
philbut

Well at least you got the money back dude! I thought you were buggered there. Pleanty of cheap motors about man, just keep lookin.