SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-04-06, 07:03 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Anyone remember this guy?

Well apparently all of you are responsible for him not being able to work anymore. Cos you watched the video.

A Drug Enforcement Administration agent who stars in a popular online video that shows him shooting himself in the foot during a weapons demonstration for Florida children is suing over the tape's release, claiming that his career has been crippled and he's become a laughingstock due to the embarrassing clip's distribution.

Full story and vid here.

AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 07:22 PM   #2
GSXR Carlos

what a plank
Old 20-04-06, 07:34 PM   #3
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

He should consider himself lucky he still has a job at all.Carrying a loaded firearm into a lecture room with kids in the audience would get him a prison stay here.
Old 20-04-06, 07:39 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles
He should consider himself lucky he still has a job at all.Carrying a loaded firearm into a lecture room with kids in the audience would get him a prison stay here.
Yeh, true but dont forget.... he is highly trained. As his actions proved
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 20-04-06, 08:52 PM   #5
Stingo

cripes - wonder if he was wearing his steel toecaps?!!
Old 21-04-06, 01:15 AM   #6
philipMac

Quote:
My gfs school has two cops, very visibley armed, ushering the children through a metal detector through to another cop, armed before they go on into their classes.

You know what they say.
Its not the guns that kill you... its the bullets ripping through your flesh at hundreds of miles per hour.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/109587/bullets_path/
Old 21-04-06, 10:41 AM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac
Quote:
My gfs school has two cops, very visibley armed, ushering the children through a metal detector through to another cop, armed before they go on into their classes.

You know what they say.
Its not the guns that kill you... its the bullets ripping through your flesh at hundreds of miles per hour.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/109587/bullets_path/
Wow, i love all that hi speed filming stuff, it just amazes me.

BTW, is it tru that if they find an unarmed kid they give him a gun just so he fits in?
Old 21-04-06, 02:13 PM   #8
philipMac

They start you off with nunchucks, if you can get through the week, they move you onto a Glock 9mm.

You cant be too careful Sidey.

That bullets movie was class though, right? The banana was
It looks like the hole the bullet goes in through is always bigger than the exit one.

I thought this was the other way around.
Old 21-04-06, 02:26 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac
They start you off with nunchucks, if you can get through the week, they move you onto a Glock 9mm.

You cant be too careful Sidey.

That bullets movie was class though, right? The banana was
It looks like the hole the bullet goes in through is always bigger than the exit one.

I thought this was the other way around.

nunchucks, then onto a glock, wow talk about accelerated progression. I would have thought they'd go onto a .22, then a .38, then onto the 9. Guess its a high intensity learning curve they have there is it

And yeh the film was ace.

Normally, entry holes are the size of the round going in and exit holes are much larger as the bullet deforms on the way thru. But it depends on the use of the bullet.
Handgun bullets are deigned to deform so they give stopping power. Hi power rifle rounds are designed to go right thru mainly, tho some ae designed to shatter.

looks like they used a round that was designed not to deform for the film but how the hell they ever hit the playing card i dont know.

The cans in the film are interesting tho. The entry holes allow the pressure to escape thus getting ripped open wider than the minimal pressure remaining can rip the exit.

Do i know too much about this subject or what????
Old 21-04-06, 04:10 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

The first video's an absolute classic. I hope that if I ever inadvertantly shoot myself, I respond that well
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote