SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 01-09-14, 05:35 AM   #1
Sebulba

Default The best road ... in the world

The length of the pause makes all the difference

Hello mighty Org, as you might have guessed, I'm talking about the Transfagarasan:

Here are a few clips taken with my crappy helmet cam. Unfortunately, it ran out of juice on the way down so the downhill part is very short. Turn off the sound unless you like the sound of air rushing by the microphone

Uphill Part 1

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Uphill Part 2

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Uphill Part 3

YouTube Video

Uphill Part 4

YouTube Video

Uphill Part 5

YouTube Video

Uphill Part 6

YouTube Video

Downhill Part 1

YouTube Video

A playlist can be found here, if you don't want to watch the embedded video:
Transfagarasan

I hope you like it,
Mihai

Last edited by Sebulba; 01-09-14 at 05:40 AM. Reason: fixed Youtube links
Old 01-09-14, 09:07 AM   #2
Geodude
Mega Poster

Default Re: The best road ... in the world

Nice, thanks for sharing

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 03:35 PM   #3
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Excellent. Shame about the head cam running out. However it does give you the perfect excuse to go and ride it again in order to film the last part of the ride down!

The silver/grey van on the first couple of segments going up was a right pain in the 'arris!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 03:43 PM   #4
Sebulba

You're right, it does give me an excuse, to buy a better camera and then go again!
And the van was a blessing in disguise. By forcing me to go slow I was protected from the bad road surface. On the descent, with the open road in front of me, 30 mph was painful