SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-02-08, 07:13 PM   #1
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default London Theatre Tickets.

Seems every website I go to is a rip-off tout site.

Anone recommend the best way of getting tickets for The Sound of Music for Friday 7th March at a reasonable cost for reasonable seats?

Saturday Matinee might also be do-able.

David

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 07:15 PM   #2
Kinvig

Default Re: London Theatre Tickets.

Helen's going on Friday (she's a Hollyoakes fan) & she got hers from ticketmaster.
Old 26-02-08, 07:26 PM   #3
gettin2dizzy

here
Old 26-02-08, 07:43 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

Dave just pop along to the ticket office in the morning, you can pickup some real bargains that don't get advertised anywhere else.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 07:45 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

The only place i bother with for tickets is the Half Price booth on Leicester Sq itself. OK you have to be willing to not get any and you also have to go there to see what they have but sometimes i get some real bargains from there.

Better still get the DVD and stay in
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 08:09 PM   #6
Fizzy Fish

Don't think this currently applies to Sound of Music I'm afraid, but for general deals on attractions, shows, etc the TfL website often has some pretty good offers (e.g. 2 for 1) as part of an Oystercard promotion:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/microsites/oysteroffers/

May be of use if you're also considering other options?
Old 26-02-08, 09:02 PM   #7
CoolGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
The only place i bother with for tickets is the Half Price booth on Leicester Sq itself. OK you have to be willing to not get any and you also have to go there to see what they have but sometimes i get some real bargains from there.
Agreed. Ness is right - unfortunately SoM isn't available through them. They've got their own website so you can see what shows they're currently selling and what you can expect to pay:

http://http://www.officiallondonthea....uk/tkts/today

If it's a popular show, get in the queue at 9.30am for a guaranteed seat. We got front row dress circle tickets for chitty chitty bang bang when it was at the Palladium for half price (and at ?50 a pop RRP, I was more than happy with that).

I've also gone later in the day and taken pot luck on what was left - seen some good theatre, big names and always best seats for a tenner.
Old 26-02-08, 10:20 PM   #8
feeelthapowah

My missus is off to see that with her sister tomorrow night, think they got their tickets through ticketmaster but not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help! They're both big hollyoaks fans.. I got bought a Hollyoaks Babes calender by the missus to try and get me interested in it... Didn't quite have the effect she was hoping for!
feeelthapowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-08, 12:19 AM   #9
flibble

See seetickets.com

Have just ordered some tickets this evening for a show at the roundhouse for this wkd. Was really impressed as they were cheaper than on ebay!

(fortunately I lost on an ebay bid, had I won I would have actually paid double the price for the same tickets found later on seetickets!!)