SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 07-09-10, 09:15 AM   #1
N8te rider

Default 1st time with Roxy at Rockingham - WOW!!!

This was my first time on track with Roxy. OMG it was mental. I could not believe how much I was lent over when I saw the photos. I'll need to work on my body position though, as I ran out of tyre tread at one point and it started to slide (cacked myself at that speed). Check out the pics...

Old 07-09-10, 09:54 AM   #2
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: 1st time with Roxy at Rockingham - WOW!!!

What day was that???
Looking quick though man, knee down?
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 10:12 AM   #3
pink and white

Last Saturday?
Old 07-09-10, 11:20 AM   #4
N8te rider

Yep saturday. Couldn't get my knee down coz I had the wrong body position (I know realise). Think my knee was pointing too high, but if it was in the correct position I would have thought for sure. I scraped by toe slider and bike peg and went to the lean limit at one point losing the back end briefly! Got a bit carried away overtaking people on the outside lol.
Old 07-09-10, 12:37 PM   #5
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Haha weird. Myself and G popped in on Saturday during the lunch hour and watch the next 6 sessions after lunch. If we'd have known you were there we wouldve come said hey.

You must have been right in front of us cos we were stood and the end of the pit lane near the lights for a couple of sessions. We were there when the fast session was Red Flagged in the afternoon.

Do you know what happened in the morning? There was a beaten up Blackbird in the breifing room.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 07-09-10, 12:44 PM   #6
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

You lean it over far enough to get your knee down, all you'd need to do is shift your **** cheek off the bike and you'd be down!! I have stumpy legs and don't lean as far as that and can get my kneedown. Also its not necessarily the fastest way round a corner but it's an awesome sensation and I'd rather go round a corner with it down and be slower than up and faster.

Once it's down you get a sort of solid feeling from the bike too, its weird, like your in the unknown but once it's down you have a better idea of where the bike is.
Old 07-09-10, 01:19 PM   #7
N8te rider

Yeah saw that. Was a major crash. The guy was infront of me on the way to the track. Hope he found a way home. Thanks for the tips, will try shifting my behind a bit. What group do you usually race in? Think I might be ready to move to inters
Old 07-09-10, 01:47 PM   #8
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Ive only done 1 track day at Silverstone and did it in Novice.

They really shouldn't have had any groups. Out of 80 people in our group I'd say 20 belonged in Novice the rest in fast and inters. Massively oversubscribed and everyone just booked where they could.

When I do another track day I'll still go in Novice so I can see what I am actually like with proper novices though. Binky told me I should probably go in Inters next time around though.
Old 07-09-10, 01:58 PM   #9
N8te rider

Agree. Its not fair when track bikes are allowed to go in novice. The fact they have a track bike should tell the organizers that they are experienced. Oh well. Let us know next time you're doing a track day, I'll try and come with if thats cool
Old 07-09-10, 02:15 PM   #10
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

I did actually overtake a trackbike on slicks at silverstone so the bikes might be Fast but some of the riders aint!!

Yeah, dunno when I'm doing another yet, getting married in october so after then I guess. Some good cheap deals go around that time too.