SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-09-08, 09:24 AM   #101
Foxy

Default Re: Who is/was in the Armed Forces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
You can’t cope with the RAF fitness with out hurting your fanny, so what hope have you with the Armys??

You sound very bitter with the RAF, and TBH not suited to the forces at all. If you cant cope with the RAF way of life thank fook you did not join the Army, you would be crying yourself to sleep every night.

When did you join up? As you sound quite junior, If it was post 2003 you really have no excuse to moan about being sent to places that don’t concern the UK. You joined up knowing full well where you could go.

I have been to your station on a project we worked on and although it is in the ar*e end of no where, its so tiny and with so few people the bullsh*t cant be that much, If you cant cope with it there god help you if you had to go to TCW.

This all may sound harsh , but you really are not the sort of person who should be in the Forces by the sound of it. Maybe its just a bad experience that has made you like it or maybe you are just not cut out for it. But I am sure not all flying stations are like that place , an d I doubt many work shifts like yours in your trade.

TBH and on a positive note I think he would be better suited to TCW. I have worked at 30 Sigs (similar to TCW) and alongside TCW on a few tours. TCW is not really suited to those who are married as it is predominantely mobile comms and singlies have such a great time on the Wing. TCW also took over many of the sunshine tours from 30 Sigs so TG would have a great time. At the time I loved 30 Sigs and going on Ops anywhere. I just found it a comedown to come back to the UK.

I think a stint on TCW may change your mind TG as the role you are doing right now isn't anywhere stimulating enough for you. You are young and if you are single then it could be just the experience you need, you get extra money when on tours and see the world
Old 25-09-08, 09:24 AM   #102
blueflame

this is a good civie pay guide http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm
Old 25-09-08, 09:33 AM   #103
blueflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
Yes you do, however, you still have to do Bannerdown with me though
Bannerdown is that "Cardiac?" lol if its the one and only I remember on that hill on many a Friday morning RSM's run...i'll pass
Old 25-09-08, 09:41 AM   #104
FG1

Whats all this talk of TCW ?????

Surely, if you want quality you need to be with TSW........
Old 25-09-08, 09:42 AM   #105
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Impressive, I only ever got to 11.7 LOL.
I managed 12.8 when I was in training... hurt like hell but I did it.

Quote:
You can’t cope with the RAF fitness with out hurting your fanny, so what hope have you with the Armys??
The army's like I say is nicer. having to accelerate and decelerate evry 20 meters is what makes my legs really hurt and what really tires people out. Have you actually ever done a bleep test? Im wondering because if you think a timed run is harder I think you should consider trying the other.

Quote:
You sound very bitter with the RAF, and TBH not suited to the forces at all. If you cant cope with the RAF way of life thank fook you did not join the Army, you would be crying yourself to sleep every night.
I already said I wouldn't like the army so yes you are right.

The reason im bitter with the RAF is because all ive had from them is crap. I joined to be a techy, that changed when I joined, im lower pay band working as a commcen worker, not pullting apart radar's like I would like to do. They said that id be able to become a techy later (after the above happened) yet now they have binned that. Im not likely to get to corporal until my 10 year point at best because of the other two trades (TG3 and 11) amalgamating with mine.

So yes I think I have plenty of reason to be upset cheers.

Quote:
I have been to your station on a project we worked on and although it is in the ar*e end of no where, its so tiny and with so few people the bullsh*t cant be that much, If you cant cope with it there god help you if you had to go to TCW.
This makes it worse. You have people here who dont want to be here who just enjoy making everyone else suffer because they have nothing better to do. Because the job is slow (not much work) people just think up stupid jobs like count the number of light bulbs every morning and make sure we have enough spares... Id say smaller bases are worse. I have been on both so this is from exp.

Quote:
This all may sound harsh , but you really are not the sort of person who should be in the Forces by the sound of it. Maybe its just a bad experience that has made you like it or maybe you are just not cut out for it. But I am sure not all flying stations are like that place , an d I doubt many work shifts like yours in your trade.
No... you are right, id say (as above) most of it is down to the experience. Put bluntly im not a mushroom, I presume you know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Exactly, remember London got bombed because the PM agreed to fight with the Americans in Afghanistan.

The first armed military unit to touch Afghan soil was the SBS, dropped in via C130 and spent weeks doing reconnaissance and cave searching. These two teams remained in Afghan for 273 days straight, we got one hell of a sun tan but did we seal the fate of the British Armed Forces? There are fresh soldiers out there dying, no offence to the Army people on here but you are not trained to do half the stuff your commanders except of you. The H&K updated SA80 is still pants, an excellent design on paper but it isn't good enough for front line fighting.
It is a real shame. The worst thing is that people seem too happy to just forget about it. Pah. There is also the problem that no one seems bothered about improving things, so they wont get better. As far as forces go I think we are one of the worst treated, 99% of this is down to the lack of money. No excuse for this imo.
Old 25-09-08, 09:48 AM   #106
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflame View Post
Bannerdown is that "Cardiac?" lol if its the one and only I remember on that hill on many a Friday morning RSM's run...i'll pass

Bannerdown isn't "Cardiac", it is the hill to Colerne from Bath called Bannerdown .
Old 25-09-08, 09:49 AM   #107
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post

The army's like I say is nicer. having to accelerate and decelerate evry 20 meters is what makes my legs really hurt and what really tires people out. Have you actually ever done a bleep test? Im wondering because if you think a timed run is harder I think you should consider trying the other.

Yep i have done a few bleep tests, and as i say i prefer the run. I see what you mean about the stop start, but as long as you can get into a rythum its not as bad.
Old 25-09-08, 09:51 AM   #108
blueflame

Quote:
Bannerdown isn't "Cardiac", it is the hill to Colerne from Bath called Bannerdown .
OH i know the one! LOL thats good fun......on a bike! i didnt run up it whilst i was there let alone now...........thats just silly!
Old 25-09-08, 09:52 AM   #109
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Yep i have done a few bleep tests, and as i say i prefer the run. I see what you mean about the stop start, but as long as you can get into a rythum its not as bad.

I agree. I can do the test I can pass the test... don't mean I have to enjoy it, and who dont like a good moan? Id prefer a run... I seem to be moaning a little too much though, im sorry. Just urg.
Old 25-09-08, 09:52 AM   #110
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG1 View Post
Whats all this talk of TCW ?????

Surely, if you want quality you need to be with TSW........
TSW hey? Met some TSW guys out in Banja Luka. Are you TSW?