SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 11-04-08, 09:40 AM   #1
Stig

Default Mark's funeral arrangements

I needed to confirm with Marks family their wishes before I could give any information. Pete & Debra his parents and Simon his brother have requested all that knew him attend the funeral service.

An open invitation for all those that wish to attend.

The funeral is being held at Chiltern Crematorium, Whielden Lane, Amersham, HP7 0ND on Monday 14th April.
The service starts at 2.30pm.

The Thames Valley members and friends are meeting at 1pm at the Shire Horse Pub. This is our regular meeting place. We will be leaving the Shire at 1.30pm to arrive at the crematorium by around 2pm. We will be in leathers and on two wheels please feel free to do the same. Anyone wishing to attend may do so. Please meet at the Shire at the specified time.

On behalf of Mark's family,

Thank you.

Last edited by Stig; 11-04-08 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-04-08, 10:45 AM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Mark's funeral arrangements

I won't be coming, due to university, plus since I didn't know ASM in person, and not overly well on here, I would feel wrong and way out of place attending

But to you guys, and his family and other freinds, my thoughts are with you. I wouldnt wish those feelings of loss upon anyone, its the worst feeling ever.

Oh; don't start remembering the funny times when your sitting there, with everyone around you sad and crying. No-one thinks its appropriate for someone to start laughing at a funeral...I bit through my lip at my cousins funeral trying to stop myself from laughing, remembering some good times we had. Really hurt.

My deepest condolences again, guys. I'm here if anyone needs a chat, either by PM or MSN (you have to PM for that).

Matt
Old 11-04-08, 11:36 AM   #3
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Sorry I won't be able to make this in person but will be there in thought.

Would it be appropriate/possible to send a wreath from SV650.org, particularly from those of us who cannot be there?

Sally
Old 11-04-08, 11:56 AM   #4
Lozzo

As Mark and I had never met face to face (despite some quite humourous exchanges on this forum) I won't be attending, but I'd really like to pay my respects to the young guy I found highly amusing in some other way, such as contributing to flowers or a wreath.

If there is a wreath being sent from the org, could details please be prominently posted somewhere. I personally think it should simply spell out his catch-phrase/word, "MEH"
Old 11-04-08, 12:01 PM   #5
StreetHawk

Ape, suggest we take donations from members who wish to contribute towards a wreath. Maybe one from the TV group and another from the rest of the .org. Any money left over to go to Riders for health or TV Air Ambulance, something like that..

Edit - Would have to move very quickly on this!

Last edited by StreetHawk; 11-04-08 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-04-08, 12:07 PM   #6
sarah

TV Air Ambulance sounds like a really good idea. They've just got a new helicopter
Old 11-04-08, 01:01 PM   #7
Stig

For everyone.

There is going to be a donation fund set up to a charity in the memory of Mark. I'll be setting this up tonight and will post the details.
Old 11-04-08, 01:20 PM   #8
sv650nutter149

who should i give money to?
Old 11-04-08, 01:33 PM   #9
Stig

You will be able to donate directly to the charity via the link that I shall provide once I have it set up for the memorial fund. For the wreath, you can donate to Nick (Warthog) should you wish to, as he has very kindly agreed to sort this part out.
Old 11-04-08, 03:04 PM   #10
Kate Moss

Never met him myself but wish to pass on my sympathies to all that did. Will be thinking of you all on the 14th.