SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-10-09, 12:45 PM   #1
Talya

Default New Gladius Seat - Anyone used Top Saddlery?

http://www.topsellerie.com/@EN-FR/SU...ike_7_520.html

Anyone used them before? This looks soooo tempting but at €300 I need to make sure they aren't cowboys!
Old 11-10-09, 12:52 PM   #2
speedplay

Default Re: New Gladius Seat - Anyone used Top Saddlery?

Have a word with Plowsie.
His dad was an upholsterer for aston martin if I remember right and was saying about doing bike seats.
Old 12-10-09, 08:22 AM   #3
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
His dad was an upholsterer for aston martin if I remember right and was saying about doing bike seats.
IS mate, IS He's been packed out on the new Signet, but now has some support work for the 177 and the normal work he has, but, he still needs work, so, anyway...(Thanks for the plug by the way mate.)

Talya, what sort of work are you looking for? A pattern/design on your seat?

Dad has no seats to base his work on, he is in need of any spare seats that people have to use for templates.

Therefore Talya, it looks like unless you let whoever does it use your main seat (which I would not recommend), you have to incorporate the cost of another seat (with most companies, it'll be a new seat) into what your paying (then, the price you've got there, becomes a little more reasonable).

It all depends on what you require, I guess you could design your own and he'd do it no probs. I have been searching about to buy stuff in bulk for him, but no success yet. If you know/have an idea of what you want doing, let me know, I'll go to him and have a word...

EDIT: By the way, there is an option to buy a cover from that company and use your own seat, if there is a design you like there, no problem, he'll do that for a few bob, as it gives him an opportunity to assess other work to get ideas (which is what he needs).

Last edited by plowsie; 12-10-09 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-10-09, 08:57 AM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

or you could go to Tony Archer

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/

Have used him, and hes the Dogs. I've still to send my OEM gel seat to be recovered, when I have the money. Hes very highly recommended by loads of people on here, and hes been going for years. Small old fashioned business.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 09:01 AM   #5
shonadoll

Yep, +1 for Tony Archer, someone on my other forum used him and it was a lovely job.
Old 12-10-09, 09:43 AM   #6
plowsie

Or just use Tony Archer
Old 12-10-09, 04:36 PM   #7
Talya

As far as I can see on the french website the €300 does include a new seat? I am not sure but they have very distinct prices that cover 'covers' and 'seats'. Does it seem to cheap?

Those who've used Tony Archer, what was the price and what is his turnaround? (ie: if I had to send my seat off how long would I be without it?)

Thanks for all your replies
Old 12-10-09, 05:38 PM   #8
wow

A few more companies for you.

I have used vikingvinyl.co.uk near Brand's Hatch they're good.

I know people who have used http://www.motorbikeseats.com/ and they were happy with their new seats.
Old 13-10-09, 08:16 AM   #9
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talya View Post
As far as I can see on the french website the €300 does include a new seat? I am not sure but they have very distinct prices that cover 'covers' and 'seats'. Does it seem to cheap?
Yeah the 300 euros one would be with a new seat, the others with covers, that are around 90, just need to be fitted to the seat, anybody can do that really.
Old 13-10-09, 08:29 AM   #10
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talya View Post

Those who've used Tony Archer, what was the price and what is his turnaround? (ie: if I had to send my seat off how long would I be without it?)

Thanks for all your replies

He put the gel pad in the seat of the Raptor for about £50 IIRC. Put it all back as if nothing had ever been done to it. Hes recovered an RD seat for Carnivore for about £60 I think. Turn around 7 to 14 days, thats picking it up as we live locally. Best ring the guy, and ask.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote