SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-01-09, 03:17 PM   #1
keithd

Default teh "what you doing this weekend thread"...sponsored by Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger the Third

post weekend plans here boys and girls..

as usual the winner gets to decorate a birthday cake with the name a dictator of their chosing from the Second world war...
Old 16-01-09, 03:22 PM   #2
hovis

Default Re: teh "what you doing this weekend thread"...sponsored by Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger the Third

watching family guy complete series 1,2 5 and 6
Old 16-01-09, 03:23 PM   #3
Gazza77

Default Re: teh "what you doing this weekend thread"...sponsored by Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger the Third

Bugger all.

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-09, 03:26 PM   #4
ogden
Mega Poster

Saturday, washing the bike. Probably a trip to the supermarket. Same old same old.

Sunday, lots of loafing about, then maybe a raid on the local Spur for several racks of ribs, then down to Wimbledon stadium for the figure-of-8 banger racing.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-09, 03:27 PM   #5
plowsie

Friday - Over to try and patch things up with missus
Saturday - Dependant on the above, if things don't work out either down the gym to relieve anger on a punchbag, or down the range and test out the new driver I bought from JJB. If things are patched up, my Saturday will go with the flow...
Sunday - Day dedicated to the bike, sort minor things out and see if I actually have a slow puncture or not. Minor things are, forks, brakes, chain, oil, suspension set up and check bolts.
Old 16-01-09, 03:36 PM   #6
Ceri JC

Fitting a front tyre, fitting my rear shock, fitting my braided hoses and new pads, helping the gf look at a car. Same as last weekend was supposed to be, prior to my old man being hospitalized.
Old 16-01-09, 03:38 PM   #7
Tara

nothing at all
Old 16-01-09, 03:44 PM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
nothing at all
Cake decorating skills unlikely to be tested

Tonight: diving into a bottle of wine to relax. Been sleeping badly this week so trying this cure

Sat morning: kids footy
Sat afternoon: updating websites
Sat evening: taking "the ball and chain" out for annual evening out. Food and film.
Sun day: hopefully loafing about a bit
Old 16-01-09, 03:49 PM   #9
Dappa D

decorate bathroom.......thats it
Old 16-01-09, 03:52 PM   #10
keithd

this weekend is my last "free" weekend til Mid March!!

that said...

tonight - bruv in law staying over as he's down for the Leeds/Brighton match tomorrow. so finding him a real ale pub so he can criticize the Southern ale. he has a point, it is all guff.

tomorrow - cheering on arsenal, nottingham forest, preston, southampton, west brom and tottenham as they're on my accumulator bet. outlaws for din dins

sunday - (push) bike ride prolly if weather ok ish