SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Good The Bad and The Ugly Pub and Cafe guide Know any good biking meeting places. List them here and give them a rating

Old 15-12-10, 09:58 AM   #1
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Default Buccleugh Arms Hotel - Moffat

Surprised not to have seen this on here already, but the Buccleugh Arms Hotel in Moffat is a proper bike friendly pub/hotel, owned and run by a family of bikers.

As I only live half an hour down the road I can't comment on the rooms etc, but we've eaten there a few times and it's really good.

I think they've got secure bike cages round the back now for overnight storage (better double check that as I'm not 100%).

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-10, 04:56 PM   #2
Teejayexc

Default Re: Buccleugh Arms Hotel - Moffat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
Surprised not to have seen this on here already, but the Buccleugh Arms Hotel in Moffat is a proper bike friendly pub/hotel, owned and run by a family of bikers.

As I only live half an hour down the road I can't comment on the rooms etc, but we've eaten there a few times and it's really good.

I think they've got secure bike cages round the back now for overnight storage (better double check that as I'm not 100%).
+1

Agree, had a Yamaha Diversion Jock run based in Moffat for the last two years and quite a few have stayed here. They have secure parking and even a power wash you can use.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-10, 08:00 PM   #3
sv4me
Mega Poster

I remember going through Moffat on the way to Edinburgh last new year, looked a nice little place. Might tie this in with a weekend touring the borders/northumberland. Thanks for the heads up
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-10, 10:36 PM   #4
JamesMio
Mega Poster

There are certainly some cracking roads around Moffat, pretty much my playground up there - if you do head there make sure you do the St Mary's Loch, Megget Dam, Beeftun loop - if you need details just let me know! (or a tour guide!)

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 03:35 PM   #5
sv4me
Mega Poster

Ok seeing as though our planned trip up to Skye in May doesnt take in any of these roads hows this sound, to tie in with seeing Bamburgh & Alnwick castles

Newton Stewart B&B > St Johns Dalry > Moniaive > Thornhill & Dalveen Pass > Moffat (stop off for lunch at Buccleugh Arms ) > Kelso > Coldstream > Grantshouse > Bamburgh > Alnwick B&B

I got a bit distracted with that last bit near Coldstream, all the 90deg bends on the map looked too good to miss! Is that a days riding or what
Old 05-01-11, 01:29 PM   #6
robh539

+1 moffat is a lovely place. plenty of good place for lunch and surrounding roads. I always drive through when heading to Dunfermline
Old 07-01-11, 07:12 PM   #7
kitkat

lovely ice cream in moffat. Also nice high buildings so when you rev the raptor approximately 8 car alarms go off up the road - great sound
Old 07-01-11, 07:14 PM   #8
Milky Bar Kid

If you are going to do that run, lemme know, seeing as I live in Newton Stewart would be ideal for me to join you!
Old 09-01-11, 06:59 PM   #9
sv4me
Mega Poster

whats that, you've got a spare setee? Youre too kind

Be great to have a tour guide. Definitely doing it but prob wont book anything, just look at the weather forecast couple of days ahead and then i'll be on my way. I had enough of your patented scottish sideways rain this year thanks