SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Are you going to turn up?
I'd love to come but probably won't show up 4 80.00%
I can't make it and defo won't show up 1 20.00%
I'm not sure if I won't show up or not 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-06-10, 09:08 AM   #1
walkaboutandy

Default Shire meet 29/06

Righty ho peeps. Its that bi monthly thing were we all talk about meeting up and enjoying the nice weather but then nobody can be bothered/actually turns up.

So I'm defo up for not turning up. Does anyone else not want to meet up at Sainsburys in Oxford at 6.30pm to not ride down to the Shire?
Old 28-06-10, 11:54 AM   #2
sam anon

Default Re: Shire meet 29/06

There's no positive poll option!

Yes, I will be there, 100%, without fail.
Old 28-06-10, 03:53 PM   #3
Warthog

Sorry, I am not going to bother making these whilst I live in Banners, it's too far away and I need to save money and petrol for the house. We should move it anyway if it is only people north of Oxford attending! If it was closer I'd pop down.
Old 28-06-10, 08:19 PM   #4
sam anon

We could move it? I only have a very short ride at the moment. We could meet elsewhere tomorrow possibly, Foxes Diner?
Old 29-06-10, 06:58 AM   #5
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Sorry, I am not going to bother making these whilst I live in Banners, it's too far away and I need to save money and petrol for the house. We should move it anyway if it is only people north of Oxford attending! If it was closer I'd pop down.
So would I. It would mean it was more on the way home (well going in the right direction anyway) so would be less of a pain to attend.

Not today though as I never rode my bike into work this morning. Still trying to get my broken hand to heal. Three weeks past and still hurts like hell when I knock it.
Old 29-06-10, 11:13 AM   #6
sam anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
So would I. It would mean it was more on the way home (well going in the right direction anyway) so would be less of a pain to attend.

Not today though as I never rode my bike into work this morning. Still trying to get my broken hand to heal. Three weeks past and still hurts like hell when I knock it.
I take it you mean Banbury? I've just done a bit of research, and if we have Tony coming from the Heathrow area and Nick from Banbury, the distance between the two is about 70miles.

How about finding somewhere is the Thame/Chinnor area? I guess this isn't in your neck of the woods now though Simon?
Old 29-06-10, 11:57 AM   #7
Warthog

Problem is everyone has moved a bit so we all live very spaced out. I am also trying to get back into an exercise regime so I am doing exercise and eating healthy on most nights instead of biking and eating a huge pub meal. I also ride my bike everyday to work, and at weekends to go visiting friends so I don't feel like I need an excuse to get out on it anymore.

Si, hope your hand heals up quickly, it looked pretty puffy before!
Old 29-06-10, 01:03 PM   #8
philbut

I feel like crap and have just arrived home from Glasto, but I will turn up if you lot can make it a bit clearer if you are coming or not? I've not been out on the bike for ages (other than riding to work which is boring). Been doing 45mph in a classic camper which, whilst it has a certain appeal, is not very exciting!

So far I have

Andy - yes
Sam - yes
Tony - yes
Me - yes

Nick and Si - No
Old 29-06-10, 02:43 PM   #9
Stig

Anywhere east of Reading is on the way home (sort of) and makes it more appealing to turn up. The hand generally has gone back to normal. But the knuckle is still rather on the large size and still painful.

As for your excuse of not turning up Nick due to fitness. Pathetic attempt really. Run at lunchtimes and do your other phys in the morning.
Old 29-06-10, 04:28 PM   #10
chiefrick

I am coming tonight, will be leaving Amersham around 6 and taking scenic route, see you around 7?