SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-06, 06:53 AM   #1

Default 5 Minutes late.... 10 Minutes early

Since selling my lovely car... and down grading to something not so posh, it has redirected my attention to my bike

Well i have a new jacket and decided that i really should get of my **** and get out there riding,

So today (despite the massive windchill) i ventured to work,

Dont you just love it when u leave 5 minutes late for work, but arrive ten minutes earlier than normal if you had gone in the car??

I Do!
Old 05-04-06, 08:07 AM   #2
TC3

Might be coldish riding in but it warms up nicely for the ride back home......and yes i left later and got in a lot earlier too
Old 05-04-06, 08:41 AM   #3
jayjay

I had to go to London the other day for a meeting at 10:30, i decided to take the bike instead of the car due to the road works now going on between junction 10 to 06, left Luton at 8:30 got to Newham in London around 9:30. it was brilliant filtering through all the traffic, if i had made the same journey in the car and left Luton at the same time i think i would still be on the M1!!!!!!

You gotta love bikes
Old 05-04-06, 08:52 AM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

Sorry guys, I don't know what your talking about, I lack a frame of reference, as I only use a car a handful of times a year, it's a total novelty, and as to the timing, well I'd have no faith if I was in a car, just getting there is enough.

you need to be somewhere, on time, take a bike

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 09:31 AM   #5
GSXR Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01
Sorry guys, I don't know what your talking about, I lack a frame of reference, as I only use a car a handful of times a year, it's a total novelty, and as to the timing, well I'd have no faith if I was in a car, just getting there is enough.

you need to be somewhere, on time, take a bike

Cheers Mark.
ditto, haven't driven a car on the road for about a year now, and only when it's snowing and icy do i miss it, every other time i'm p!ssing myself laughing at the muppets sat in traffic
Old 05-04-06, 09:37 AM   #6

i have to be honest and say that only due to personal circumstances have i been reluctant to use the bike, i hadnt ridden for a while and i felt the worse thing i could do would be to get on in the middle of winter,

But im so pleased i now want to ride again, heres to a better and quicker ride to work!
Old 05-04-06, 09:45 AM   #7
DanAbnormal

It's like summer out there man what are you on about!

Don't have a car or a lincence to drive a car so have never had the luxury of one. BUT......I am not doing another winter on teh bike, mainly due to the owrry of watching my beloved new SV turning into a pile of salt corroded metal. Although the prospect of sitting in traffic does not appeal.
Old 05-04-06, 09:58 AM   #8
Red ones
Mega Poster

Apparently it can take 90 minutes to get to work in a car (so I am told), or 42 minutes on a bike in heavy traffic - 28 on a good day
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 10:03 AM   #9
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones
Apparently it can take 90 minutes to get to work in a car (so I am told), or 42 minutes on a bike in heavy traffic - 28 on a good day
This is what puts me off. I live in Farnborough and travel to Uxbridge which is about a 45 minute journey on the bike maybe an hour on a really bad day. Some guy lives near me and it takes him anything up to 2 and a half hours even in his nippy Z4. Yuk.
Old 05-04-06, 10:26 AM   #10
jayjay

You guys have inspired me, I am working about 20 mins from the house to day so I've taken the car home and taken the bike out of the garage.

Think i will use the bike every day from now on