SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-08-08, 08:16 PM   #1
littleperson

Default O2 customer service?????????????

We have now gone through 3 Nokia 6500 slide and at last we have found a nice store assistant who is willing to help us with our quest to part company with this ever so useful phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer services cant organise a good drink in a brewery

Any1 else had any similar problems with this delightful phone or service provider???????????????
Old 10-08-08, 08:25 PM   #2
Neeja

Default Re: O2 customer service?????????????

Customer services only have so much they can do - I work for Vodafone CS, and it's awful to have to tell someone, "Yes, I'm sorry that the phone you have has broken 3 times in the last 6 months, we'll have to do another repair/exchange on it like-for-like". Simple truth is that, as contracts are taken out on an airtime basis and the phones aren't a part of the contract, customer services are very limited by the business in what they can and can't do, as the amount that handset replacements cost a mobile operator are *huge*. Agents are specifically told they they can't exchange handsets for anything other than like-for-like (as this effectively costs the business nothing, as it goes through warranty process with the manufacturer), and failure to comply with this can lead to disciplinary proceedings and eventually loss-of-job.

Yes, minor rant, but people never seem to see this from the other side
Old 10-08-08, 08:29 PM   #3
littleperson

Must admit not a job I'd want to do so good on you for dealing with us moaners when we get phones that dont work

Really its Nokia we need to conatct but we never been passed to them!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-08, 08:32 PM   #4
Neeja

Contact Nokia here: http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4222215#03

Problem with this is that standard manufacturer warranty has a 28-day turnaround...this is why the networks do their own repair/exchange service - much faster to go through O2 directly, sadly!
Old 10-08-08, 08:34 PM   #5
littleperson

Thanks for the help hopefully we shall be sorted soon
Phones cant live with or without them!
Old 10-08-08, 08:36 PM   #6
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

O2 ... OK for me, had an upgrade due, called to see what phone I could have on my £20 a month contract which the reduce to £10, they told me any Samsung.

Samsung Tocco I selected and rang back, told yeah I can have but out of stock. Rang daily for 2 weeks, eventually got told, "oh you cant have that phone for free on a £10 contract.

Fuming..... I was mad. Got through to the 1st person who offered me this who admitted their error, I spoke to their manager who said "should be £199 on that contract" but yeah no worries we will give it you

O2 rated for me, English call centre not Indian like Orange.

No experience re that phone tho, what was the problem?
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 10:18 PM   #7
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Never hand any probs with my Orange phone contract, Orange broadband however are another kettle of fish entirely!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 11:07 AM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

I dont mind 02. i have been with them for nearly 16 years, been with vodafone for 2 years. Never had an issue at all when changing phones etc even in store. I think its all down to the sales person/CS person.

However, i have never swapped a phone for another model, always getting the same phone.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 11:47 AM   #9
timwilky
Mega Poster

O2, don't get me started.

I paid for credit on my wife's phone using a web top up. whilst the money left my account, the credit never appeared on her phone. O2 wont talk to me, tell me to talk to the bank, yes mr Wilkinson O2 got paid as instructed and we cannot claim it back as it went to who you told us to pay.

Well that was a few months ago. The wife has had no credit. I will not waste anymore. They cannot get it into their thick heads that I am not interested in her account. I just want to know where the money I have paid them has gone. Oh and they charge me to ask for my money back as well.

No wonder my company left them for Orange and took over 2000 mobiles. could not organise a bonk in a brothel
Old 11-08-08, 12:55 PM   #10
anna
Mega Poster

I've been with vodafone and I'm just coming up to renew and looking around now for some better deals.. the sony erricson i had really isnt living up to living with me and how it gets treated!!
anna is offline   Reply With Quote