SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2005 Annual Rideout To discuss and plan this years get-together

Old 17-03-05, 10:51 PM   #1
Jelster

Default The route.....

Right then,

As you know I have committed myself to put a route together for the rideout this year. I have submitted a couple of routes to John and we've come up with a plan.

If the weather is OK, I want to do a trial run this Sunday, and if that goes OK we'll finalise it all next week. John has "Plan A" which he may put up on the main SV site at some point.

Sorry it's taken a bit longer than I thought but I have another life as well, and I took vows to provide a certain level of domestic bliss for the family.

Old 18-03-05, 10:39 AM   #2
Baldyman

Steve,
Do you need company/assistance?
Honest, I will try to keep up

Old 18-03-05, 10:57 AM   #3
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman
Steve,
Do you need company/assistance?
Honest, I will try to keep up
You should have an email...

Old 20-03-05, 07:48 PM   #4
Baldyman

Excellent day out guys, thanks for a good safe ride. The route has all the makings of a goodun (tease 'em, they like it really)

Old 20-03-05, 08:08 PM   #5
Stig

Yup I'll come too

Old 27-03-05, 04:57 PM   #6
Jelster

I have now submitted what I hope is the final route to John for his comments. I have spent the last 2 weekends either riding or driving in the area and with the help of Leigh (Baldyman) I have managed to put together what I hope is a route to please most of you. Bear in mind that we will have upwards of 50 riders some of which well be inexperienced, so the route has to cater for all.

The start point will be the Little Chef at Burford (which also has a Travelodge) so if you are going to camp, you should be able to find someting in the area. There are some really good bits of road outside of the route that some of you may want to try on the Saturday if you are staying overnight. I'll be happy to put up a few for you to look at closer to the date.

As soon as John gives me the OK I'll post the details. Appologies for the delays but I have had to find the time to work on the route, it's not just a case of taking it from a map....

Old 27-03-05, 06:38 PM   #7
Stig

Further to what Steve said about putting people up. I can accomodate a couple of people at my house, and I dont live all that far away from the initial meeting place. So if anyone wants to take up my offer feel free to do so. I have a spare double bed, and then there is always the Sofa and the floor. So long as you don't being woken early in the morning by the kids of course.

Old 02-04-05, 10:34 AM   #8
Red ones
Mega Poster

out of Cirencester on the B4425 back up to Burford. I'm wondering whether to run along the A417 as it's a good road and may be a bit "safer".

Stick to the one on the map! It's twistie with only one corner that might catch you out! Rarely need to drop below 70mph. It's the only road I know that my wife will always let me drive 'cos it's soooooo smooth!
Old 11-04-05, 10:20 PM   #9
red5

Default route

There are some cracking roads around that area, Burford to Lechlade is quite good as there are some twisties and some straights