SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 02-02-08, 11:51 AM   #1
tomjones2

Default Track Pressure Supercorsa Pro's?

Hi anyone who has supercorsa pro on there bike as a track bike what pressure do you run them at. Does it change for what time of year as well. I am basically looking for a starting point then I may have a play around on my own.

Cheers
Old 06-02-08, 11:15 PM   #2
Berlin

Default Re: Track Pressure Supercorsa Pro's?

No answers so far so I may as well let you know what I found for hard road riding. I run SC 1 up front and SC2 on the rear.

I'm a big bloke so you may have to adjust as required.

On the road I started by running the front at 33 psi and 36 at the rear. For general riding that was fine but on testing them when hot (hard riding) they gone up to 36 front and 41 rear.

I then dropped them down to 31 front and 34 rear (cold) and this gave much better grip and a lot more composure. I could wind on the power really heavily at full lean and there was more than enough grip to cope no matter how heavy handed I was (on a curvy).

I found that riding hard I'd increase the pressure by 4psi in the front and up to 10psi in the rear.

Now, on the track you'll be getting them a LOT hotter than on the road so if you're average weight then the above might be a good starting point. I was told by someone who races in mini twins he sets them at 33psi front and back when hot. But he's a lot lighter than me.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 07-02-08, 10:04 AM   #3
billy061

Hi, standard advice by the supplier at track is 31psi front and 29psi rear, which I ran all season with no probs.
Old 14-02-08, 07:58 PM   #4
tranx

Useful there billy, I was just wondering what to set mine to for the start of the season (BMCRC minitwins rookie).
Old 15-02-08, 02:36 AM   #5
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy061 View Post
Hi, standard advice by the supplier at track is 31psi front and 29psi rear, which I ran all season with no probs.
That's what we run Bridgestone slicks at on a ZX10R.
Old 03-07-08, 08:24 AM   #6
hank freid love

I have run them between 32 and 34 hot with no problems on my 600. 32 seems to work best, but 33 and even 34 still works good. My laps were mainly in the 1:37-1:39 range last weekend. Sometimes the pirelli guys give contradictory advice. Moose, who was not there is the one i usually listen too.
Old 03-07-08, 08:52 AM   #7
PeterM

Use warmers and do the pressures hot. The above are decent starting points but read your tyres when you come in after each session as youget quicker and make adjustments, tyres pressures will also vary.

The most valuable thing you can have with you is an exercise book to write down your setup information for that track and day with the tyres you were using and lap times you achieved.

Last edited by PeterM; 03-07-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-07-08, 10:48 AM   #8
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2 View Post
Hi anyone who has supercorsa pro on there bike as a track bike what pressure do you run them at. Does it change for what time of year as well. I am basically looking for a starting point then I may have a play around on my own.

Cheers
31-32F 29-31R.

I tend to set mine 31F 29.5R.