SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 30-04-06, 03:29 PM   #1
***Steve***

Default Chelmsford Test Blackspots

I have my test in Chelmsford coming up and until I did my CBT there the other day I'd never really been.

People warned me about the Army and Navy roundabout but that seems fine to me what I'm worried about is streets with odd speed or traffic restictions or notorious junctions. Anyone got any tips I can check out before T-Day?
Old 30-04-06, 03:42 PM   #2
SpankyHam

Buy my Can on eBay and you will be fine

Just kidding mate. Might be too much hassle to get the link pipe to fit your k4...

As far as I'm aware most speed limits are 30 / 40 mph. Didn't come across a strange one yet...
Old 30-04-06, 04:18 PM   #3
***Steve***

I was just about to bid on that too Saw someone mention about a guy on eBay that makes up the pipes but he seemed to have a bit of mixed feedback. I could just have a word with my dad and get him to make one but then I'd have to tell him about buying a bike after promising not to

Regarding Chelmsford it was just things like bus lanes that should be used at certain times of the day or those stupid filter lights at Victoria road/New street that seem to have a mind of their own
Old 30-04-06, 09:05 PM   #4
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickUK
Buy my Can on eBay and you will be fine

Just kidding mate. Might be too much hassle to get the link pipe to fit your k4...

As far as I'm aware most speed limits are 30 / 40 mph. Didn't come across a strange one yet...
what can is it ? can u show me a link,

i want one for my g/f
Old 30-04-06, 09:11 PM   #5
SpankyHam

too late u both missed out

here
steve good bidding in the last 5 seconds but you put in the exact same amount as the highest bidder

Would have preferred a local pickup...
Old 30-04-06, 09:21 PM   #6
***Steve***

I was going to go higher to if it wern't for that link pipe business, but to miss out by 0.01p
Old 30-04-06, 09:46 PM   #7
ArtyLady

Hi Steve

the only dodgy places I can think of off the top of my head in chelmsford (I took my test there) is the one way system which is bit complicated, the bus lanes, there is one road somewhere (dont ask me where!) off the road off Springfield Road (opposite prison) that I vaguely remember there being one of those "Stop" signs instead of the normal give way, and at little Waltham there is a central reservation section that I vaguely remember being told sometimes catches people out. If you are doing your DAS in chelmsford they should take you most places anyway and point any dodgy bits out. who are you doing it with?
Old 30-04-06, 10:09 PM   #8
***Steve***

Doing it with Link and they're pretty good, trouble I have is that I'm spreading it over three seperate weekends as it's been difficult to get any time off work so just as I'm starting to get a feel for the routes I have to break for a week.

The bus route was going down a hill into town and the instructor told us to make sure we use it between certain times of day but because I don't know the area I'm buggered if I can remember where it was to check. In theory all I have to do is just keep an eye on road signs but when your on your test....
Old 30-04-06, 10:21 PM   #9
ArtyLady

Me and Ping did ours with Link - I cant remember what times you can go in the bus lane - best go for a leisurely drive round Chelmsford if you can and check the signs and get to know the place as best you can.
Old 30-04-06, 10:32 PM   #10
Jdubya

Did my test in chelmsford as well...bus lanes...not sure which one it is but it only acts as one after 07h00, otherwise it is just a lane. Just keep looking out for signs
And watch for the concrete roads where he may do your emergency stop and u-turn... slippy when wet, but then so is the tar