SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-05-08, 10:19 AM   #1
Lozzo

Default FS: Honda CBR600 F-W r/legal trackbike.

Right, tough decision time.

My CBR is up for sale to make way in my already too packed garage for my new toy, a Gixer 600 K2 racebike.

It's a 1998 registered R plate CBR600 F-W in black/grey/orange. It still has road bodywork but no lights or indicators (they've been ebayed). I will be getting a daylight MOT on it as soon as my new horn button arrives. The left switchgear has been removed and a new choke set up is fixed to the top yoke (switchgear goes with bike, as do mirrors). I fitted crash-bungs and thankfully they've never been tried out. There's a set of Metzeler Rennsports fitted which have 2 trackdays left in them and a spare set of scrubbed Dunlop KR364 race tyres ready to be fitted.

There's a full dealer service history right up to 28000 miles and I gave the bike a major service including shims about 500 miles ago at 32000. Since then it's done 4 trackdays in intermediate group and had an oil and filter change yesterday.

There's a full race Akrapovic exhaust system fitted with titanium can (cost over 800 quid), with a K+N air filter and a Dynojet kit as well, the engine puts out 104bhp at the rear wheel, which is extremely good. Carburation is spot on throughout the whole rev range and there's no pops or bangs on the overrun. Suspenson is taken care of by a Maxton full race rear shock with remote resevoir and 15W oil on standard springs up front. New forks seals were fitted 500 miles ago. Chain and sprockets are like new as are the brake pads all round, discs show no major signs of wear.

I have spare footrest hangers, footrests and clip ons which go with it. The bodywork isn't perfect having a few scratches here and there and a split in the right sidepanel, but it's in quite good condition. Believe it or not, I bought it off a vicar...(seriously, there's even 'Rev' in front of his name on the log-book) but he never used it - I know he bought it off his son, who is a good mate of mine.

This bike was good enough to improve my riding to the extent that I'm now moving up to fast group and I would have carried on there with this bike had the Gixer not been offered to me at a price I couldn't refuse. It's a cracker.

Special org price 1300 quid
Old 08-05-08, 11:26 AM   #2
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default Re: FS: Honda CBR600 F-W r/legal trackbike.

How about some pics of the gixxer!?
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 11:30 AM   #3
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
How about some pics of the gixxer!?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-GSX-R-6...QQcmdZViewItem

HTH

It belonged to a mate of mine so I know its history and condition well.
Old 08-05-08, 12:15 PM   #4
Camel

Why go from 600 to 600? Do you think the gsxr will be that much better than the cbr? Where do you see the benefits of the gsxr over the cbr?

I didn't read all the ebay add by the way.
Old 08-05-08, 01:44 PM   #5
Lozzo

CBR = 1998, 104bhp and steel framed style handling. Basically a mildly converted road bike.

Gixer = 2002, 120 bhp, alloy framed, better suspension, and more trick bits than I'll ever need. Basically taken brand new out of the crate and turned into a pukka racebike that's turned in regular 112mph laps of the IoM. Also runs 180 rears so easier to get scrubbed tyres for it. It's faster, handles better, stops better and will enable me to up my game more than the CBR will.

That's why I want the Gixer.

EDIT...Oh, and because it's there and I like it

Last edited by Lozzo; 08-05-08 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-05-08, 01:45 PM   #6
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel View Post
I didn't read all the ebay add by the way.
Should do - there is some nice bits on the Gixxer. Engine tune, full system dyno time, Ohlins rear + reworked forks. Plus other nice trackday bits like spare wheels. It's not just about out and out power - It's the whole package.

Just got to sort out that hideous fairing. Aside from the colour, it looks like it sticks far to far forward! Plus you might get mistaken for a Feisty Girl

Anyway, back to the CBR.......
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30

Last edited by lukemillar; 08-05-08 at 01:47 PM.
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 01:54 PM   #7
Lozzo

All Gixer fairings look like that, it's just the cack coloured paint that spoils it .
Old 08-05-08, 02:15 PM   #8
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
CBR = 1998, 104bhp and steel framed style handling. Basically a mildly converted road bike.

Gixer = 2002, 120 bhp, alloy framed, better suspension, and more trick bits than I'll ever need. Basically taken brand new out of the crate and turned into a pukka racebike that's turned in regular 112mph laps of the IoM. Also runs 180 rears so easier to get scrubbed tyres for it. It's faster, handles better, stops better and will enable me to up my game more than the CBR will.

That's why I want the Gixer.

EDIT...Oh, and because it's there and I like it
Fair comment - thats a serious power output from the gsxr! My old 1995 blade only made 117bhp on the dyno.

I could really be tempted with your cbr....If I didn't have a wife!