SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 02-06-06, 03:25 PM   #1
noisie

Default SOS ladies assistance required

Ladies,

I'm looking for some trousers for my girlfriend (size 10) and was wondering what the best sort of thing was - kevlar jeans, leather trousers, fabric...

Cheers,
Noisie
Old 02-06-06, 04:35 PM   #2
Anonymous

depends on how often she is going to go out. if she is going to be fair weather biker then leathers but if it might be a regular no matter what the weather then textile stuff maybe. but proper leathers none of this stitched up the side stuff with tassles.
Old 02-06-06, 07:36 PM   #3
K

Yeah, wot she sed.

Also, if she wants it to be comfortable, try loads of different one on first - all the manufacterers seem to have sometimes vastly different ideas about the female figure.
I'm an Alpinestars size 8 but an RST size 10.
Old 02-06-06, 08:02 PM   #4
Robw#70

Speak to Graham at GLF, He distributes MJK leathers.
MJK was started by a woman who couldn't find any bike gear to fit, so their Womens clothing is actually for a woman and not just altered menswear.

He also sells Kevlar jeans etc

GLF :- 01525 717009
Old 02-06-06, 09:38 PM   #5
trickywoos

Watch out for leg length too- most places, the trousers are just not right for me- Hein Gerickes are surprisingly good at all lengths.

Go for leather or kevlar for sure though!
Old 05-06-06, 08:58 AM   #6
noisie

Thanx!!
Old 05-06-06, 09:22 AM   #7
thor

What me and my missus found was that it's important to go somewhere where they have a lot of stock. Your average bike place usually doesn't have enough selection or sizes.

The other tip is that if you live in London then the scooter type places have a greater proportion of female riders so have more stock for them.
Old 05-06-06, 09:28 AM   #8
Aurora

Could also try Girlsbike2 they have an online shop or you can visit them, and they have all makes in one place, saves dragging round loads of different places.
Old 05-06-06, 07:20 PM   #9
CoolGirl

Agreed - the best thing to do is try things on as we're all different shapes and sizes (Hein Gerike stuff is totally the wrong shape for me, it's too long in the body - after an hour of trying on everything in the shop even their shop assistant admitted that nothing fitted me properly, and Alpinestars ladies stuff doesn't fit me either). I have 2 sets of ladies Dainese leathers myself, and my cordura kit is Richa and Shoei. Both are fine on me.

A good tip when buying boots though, is to go for Daytona - girls' calves are generally a bit wider than boys' and you can sometimes have trouble doing boots up without cutting off the blood supply to the feet! Daytona make boots just for girls that do up comfortably and have all the right protection. I wish I'd bought a pair.