SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-09-09, 10:16 PM   #1
bald git

Default valencia motogp

hi, i want to go to last round of moto gp in valencia, and was wondering if anybody had done it and could give some / any information. i,m travelling on my own and hope to camp at circuit. this may be unwise as i know sleep will not come easy as it,s completely bonkers !
Old 18-09-09, 07:28 AM   #2
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Default Re: valencia motogp

Valencia is the most bonkers GP in Spain. Search You Tube for Cheste (the town where the race takes place.) Various thumping big sound systems out on the street, stunters of varying degrees of skill on most streets. Biggest baddest fireworks you have ever heard, makes the place look like a warzone. We lasted till 3 or 4am and it was still jumping. Maybe its because its the end of the season race, everbody is going for it big style? It was too much for a mate that went last year. Crowds and general mayhem got to him as soon as he stepped off the train.
Proper fiesta, so locals have their doors open having late late dinners and the old foggies sitting out on their balconies with a few bottles of fino in the wee small hours. If you cant beat them join them.

Not camped there before, we stayed at this brilliant one-star hotel. £40 room only. Small but immaculate.

http://www.hoteleuropa-valencia.com/Iniing.htm

Situated right on a pedestrian precinct in the city centre next to loads of eateries and boozers full of bike nuts friday and saturday.

From memory the campsite/circuit is one stop away from the madness at Cheste. The trains run all night, out and back to circuit/Cheste from Valencia city centre.

The only bad thing is the actual circuit! Really dull modern amphitheatre. Had some problems with over zealous security not letting us in with video camera. I walked round and went in a different gate.

Temp in the 90's too.

Unforgetable experience. And even better cos its all about bikes. Enjoy.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-09, 07:16 PM   #3
bald git

Default Re: valencia motogp

thanks for that, ticket coming, flights booked, [ ryan air, £30, for both flights, to alicante. ] pick up 4 wheeled tent at alicante airport, sooo excited.