SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-02-21, 08:19 AM   #21
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Mine is booked for Monday

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 25-02-21, 08:25 AM   #22
Craig380
Mega Poster

Mine's tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojP0BO6H4Qc
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 09:24 AM   #23
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Had my jab a couple of weeks back and last night had a call from Bill Gates telling me he knows where I am and that I'm not allowed to go to bingo and I must go home and buy something from the Microsoft Store immediately as penance.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 09:36 AM   #24
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Had my jab a couple of weeks back and last night had a call from Bill Gates telling me he knows where I am and that I'm not allowed to go to bingo and I must go home and buy something from the Microsoft Store immediately as penance.
I was a bit concerned over our neighbour when he got the Oxford/AZ jab. Next day he was sitting on top of their car, eating bananas with the skin on and throwing handfuls of sh it at passers by. Not sure using a chimp virus was such a good idea.

Seriously though, in the Scottish study released a few days ago AZ vaccine was 94% effective in preventing serious illness, Pfizer 85%.

https://news.trust.org/item/20210222133620-9di3d

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 11:47 AM   #25
embee
Mega Poster

Went onto the vaccine site to book and I'm not recognised by the system. I know why, I haven't been to my GP for years and I've dropped off their register. Spoke to the practice today, re-registered and the admin lady said she'd phone me this afternoon to book a jab. Very efficient so far. Hope to feel a little "scratch"* in the next few days.

Other smile is a shiny new MOT for my 21yr old Yaris, no problems.

*(censor wouldn't let me put p-rick)

Edit PS - good to their word, vaccine booked for tomorrow. Excellent service from GP surgery.

Last edited by embee; 25-02-21 at 03:50 PM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 02:37 PM   #26
Seeker
Mega Poster

I boarded the Astra-Zeneca train today. The doc said I may get a sore left arm - I told him that it would give me back my symmetry since the right arm aches. He said he liked my humour which is good because I told him that I was going to tell the waiting queue that his needle had broken my arm.
Old 25-02-21, 03:51 PM   #27
embee
Mega Poster

Old 25-02-21, 06:06 PM   #28
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post

am i going to be branded as a social outcast if i dont take the covid jabs..........
The sooner as many people as possible are vaccinated ,the sooner we can escape from lockdowns and restrictions . We all want to be allowed out and about and riding our motorcycles again, so should you be branded a social outcast, I'll leave that to others to decide !

Last edited by Luckypants; 25-02-21 at 06:11 PM.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 07:57 PM   #29
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
how can i get my facts right when everywhere you look there are more contradictions than the bible.

that was my whole point of the rant.

where are the flu statistics as they seem to be getting kept quiet. we can only go by the data we are given. how many people are dying that are being put down to covid that would have normally died anyway. can someone please find data that is older then 3 years of the UK national death rate and then compare it with this pandemic to see what the figures are over and above. there is a difference between confirmed cases and actual, most people who are getting covid dont seem to me that bothered so dont report it or go for a test so dont get included in the figures. which would put the cases/deaths statistics looking much better.

@ messie, no offence and you can delete my post if you like but you have had no contribution to this forum for a very long time so what gives you the right to be a moderator......

why has £35mil been spent on a test and trace app that does not even work. if it dont work then it should not be paid for its that simple..... or is it that the MD is and elite. jezuz a script kiddie could have done a better job for a bottle of pop and some crisps. £35mil is a new hospital or two or 20 schools or 100 drop in centres, you get the drift. why is the public not up in arms about this.. how much do you think it cost to develop something like ermm tinder or a dating app that could have been repurposed and done a better job.

am i going to be branded as a social outcast if i dont take the covid jabs..........
Bib, the ONS Gov website shows excess deaths, and by cause. By week and by month/year. All the data is out there. You can search by flu deaths if you wish. And no, they are not being kept quiet. They're produced every week, and have been for as long as I can remember.

The ONS stats also break down the deaths that are wholly down to Covid, Covid as a mitigating factor and had Covid but it wasn't a contributing factor. There's nothing hidden, or spun, to make things sound worse or better than they are. Its a very easy Google search.

As for your comment about the number of people not reporting it; the hard figure is the number of deaths. Whether the percentage of those that have had it is up or down, who gives a flying fig when the number of deaths is a real number, not a percentage. I can't remember what the excess number is, though I have seen it, but though the number of Covid deaths is listed at 120k the excess is upwards of 80k I think...

Actually, the only spin is that being done, on occasion, by various media and Covid deniers.

There was an article out yesterday saying there hasn't been a flu death for 5(?) weeks.

As for social outcast; there's a whole spectrum of beliefs from rabid denier to those that haven't been outside their door for 11 months. Some will support your stance whilst others will ridicule it.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 10:25 PM   #30
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I'm up next Friday. Hoping for the Phizer Beyonce one.

Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote