SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-05-06, 04:54 PM   #1
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default RAF Personnel - Your New Pay System

How many RAF Personnel have we currently on the forum???

Just wondering as I work in the Glasgow office that pays you and was wanting to see what you think of whats going on??? (sorry for being cryptic but I value the wage coming in every month)

Cause I'm well and truly peed off with it already...

Don't worry the rest of you it'll hit the national press soon enough...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 04:56 PM   #2
The Basket

Well it no longer affects me but a pal of mine said it was bobbins.

Can't ring up to get things sorted and nothing ever gets done.

But doesn't bother me
Old 10-05-06, 04:57 PM   #3
lynw

Ooooh, are they going to do what Customs outsourced payroll providers did?

Pay people the wage rise then deducted the full amount and so some people only got paid about a £100 for the month?

Needless to say Buncefield was blamed - payroll co had its head office destroyed by the blast. Followed by the system being "unavailable" to HR staff despite the disaster recovery plan working and there being a gap of 3 months between the two events.
Old 10-05-06, 05:04 PM   #4
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

ERM dunno what I should say but there have been people this month that have had 70% of their wages disappear...

I'm all for paying them less, I mean its an easy job and risks they incur are minimal but the system has cut their wages by over half... I've sorted two of them today but its all going Pete Tong big stylie...

Give it time and it SHOULD work, but...

Old 10-05-06, 05:10 PM   #5
fourpaws

Dont know what youre all worried about - The Army has been screwing up our wages for years - and to cap it all they still owe me even though Ive been out for 4 years ! grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Old 10-05-06, 05:16 PM   #6
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Ah don't worry then, its the Navy's turn in October for this fun and the March next year for the Army...

If they still owe you phone in Not that you'll get through at the moment cause the RAF Boys keep calling...

PM if your interestedin getting the number

Old 10-05-06, 05:21 PM   #7
fourpaws

Thanks for the help 'chucca but dont worry Ive got a stack of letters and a few numbers of the Royal Signals Manning and Records office up there in Glasgee !! Its only a few quid to be honest (well about £200 ish) and Im not going to bust a gut over it. Im an expat now and working abroad and not paying tax so Brown and Blair can go shove thier tax bills up thier collective a##es !!
Old 10-05-06, 05:52 PM   #8
Stingo

Aha - that'll be JPA. Can't wait for that happen...all the moans and drips...lets take bets on where the call centre is going to be (because they'll lay off all the current pay office people)...Pakistan...Bangladesh.

"Hi - can you tell me why I've been charged twice for my accommodation this month?"

"Hello sir - my name is Patel - no, I can't help you on that matter but if you like I can sell you a subscription to AOL".

You just know it's all going to go pear shaped!!
Old 10-05-06, 08:49 PM   #9
ianofbhills

I'm in the RAF and yer your right there is not one single person happy with it at the moment.

The oracle system which is what is widely used in civvy street is i think what jpa is based on and it doesnt really work on a forces basis as it stands.

The pay system has been vastly generalised and not every one in the forces is the same. I am only £100 paid less this month after being charged for food which i dont have to pay for but there are massive pay discrepencies elsewhere.

I still havnt been able to log onto the system yet either as it doesnt work properly it seems.

In theory i think the whole idea is good but it needs a good looking at and like anything new time to sort out teething problems.

Whats the verdict your end then, how long before its functioning correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca
ERM dunno what I should say but there have been people this month that have had 70% of their wages disappear...

I'm all for paying them less, I mean its an easy job and risks they incur are minimal
Cheeky fecker it is an easy job yer but i'm paid for what i know not what i do he he. I would say my job incurs alot more risk then alot of people i.e those that work in a call centre answering phones to angry raf personel
Old 10-05-06, 09:40 PM   #10
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourpaws
Im an expat now and working abroad
I know Tamworth is a strange place and must seem very foreign to many, but beleive me it is in the UK.