SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-05-08, 03:09 PM   #11
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Org Needs To Chill Out A Bit

Yep people have been banned - one even got let back just recently

but it IS rare

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 03:09 PM   #12
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueto View Post
Some characters and personalities are stronger than others.

Sadly, Thats life........
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 03:10 PM   #13
blueto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Yep people have been banned - one even got let back just recently

but it IS rare
out of interest what was it for?
Old 01-05-08, 03:10 PM   #14
MiniMatt

Ok serious reply. People do need to be mindful of other people's feelings. A bit. Not a whole lot, but a bit. This is the internet, someone somewhere will be offended by absolutely anything you care to mention. Similarly, someone somewhere will always manage to deeply offend you/me.

But I kinda love Idle Banter for the arguments, it's half the reason I come. So long as it's never intended to be a personal attack or equally importantly taken as a personal attack, arguing is great. There's a whole bunch of Gun Toting Right Wing Fruit Loops out there who need re-educating into the way of the Care Bear Hug'n'Share Liberal Left Wing Weener. And I'll get you all, one by one if I have to

We do have a great bunch of mods here (suck up? moi?) who do step in from time to time when it does get personal and out of hand, but this forum is something of an oasis of reasonable rational, heated sure, but non-personal argument in the internet which is otherwise flooded by threads that devolve into purile abuse within the first page.
Old 01-05-08, 03:10 PM   #15
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueto View Post
out of interest what was it for?
we dont talk about that

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 03:12 PM   #16
blueto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
we dont talk about that
ok.....

why dont we talk about that???? (joke sorry couldent resist)
Old 01-05-08, 03:14 PM   #17
DanAbnormal

Oooh, is this like one of those talks I get about my race can Mr Blueto??

While I agree with some of the comments here I sure hope I've never seriously offended anyone in the past. Sometimes it's all too easy to misunderstand the intent of a post. That's the thing about online forums, people will always end up getting offended somewhere along the line. That said I do try to keep things civil, no one should take anything I post all that seriously anyway.

Peace.
Old 01-05-08, 03:14 PM   #18
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
Ok serious reply. People do need to be mindful of other people's feelings. A bit. Not a whole lot, but a bit. This is the internet, someone somewhere will be offended by absolutely anything you care to mention. Similarly, someone somewhere will always manage to deeply offend you/me.
There was a case recently where someone posted information on his Blog. This was then taken (supposedly) the wrong way, and the person was taken to court.

At every step of the process (to my understanding anyway), they apologised, and offered to retract the statements made, and even write an apology.

That person ended up with a fine from the courts, and a criminal conviction. For posting on a blog!!
Old 01-05-08, 03:16 PM   #19
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
There's a whole bunch of Gun Toting Right Wing Fruit Loops out there who need re-educating into the way of the Care Bear Hug'n'Share Liberal Left Wing Weener. And I'll get you all, one by one if I have to
Not if I pop in you in the head with my right wing 9mm once you dont come to our way of thinking
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 03:17 PM   #20
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Its the internet you can turn it off.

I dont want this site becoming a namby pamby, lilly livered liberal site where you can't express an opinion because you are afraid you'll upset somebody.

Debate, disagreement, conversation and sometimes arguement is all good. Theres a difference between this, what construes as banter and what is blatant personal attacks and name calling.

Some peeps on here have forthright and strongly held opinions, I might not agree with what they say, but I'll defend their right to say it. Whether I like it or not.

If you dont like something report it to a mod, dont start a thread moaning about it, its not productive and doesnt really solve anything.

People get banned, but they have to seriously seriously cross the line of whats acceptable behaviour after repeated warnings before it happens.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote