SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-06-09, 10:06 AM   #41
thedonal

Default Re: what is your chill out drink

Ooh- good question.

At the moment I like a nice can of Beck's- in a glass (tastes much better). The first one I had last night was heaven in glass!

I do like a nice red though- big rioja fan or similar regions- Sainsburys often have the various vintages of Castillo De Calatrava on offer- it's a lovely, smooth wine.

I also discovered Tarrango red the other week- Brown Bros Australian- a rare red that has to be chilled. It's light, fruity and perfect for a hot summer's evening (hey- maybe I should be in marketing). Apparently it's often on offer in the supermarkets too.

I do love a nice straight Jack- any temperature.

And a nice straight Brandy. Especially the top stuff- I got a bottle of Remy Martin just before Xmas. It was stunningly gorgeous.

But for the moment, it's Beck's with the occasional bottle of red.

Oh and last thing at night- a lovely thick hot chocolate with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Mmmmmm. Matter of fact it's a weekend wakeup drink too!
Old 14-06-09, 03:17 PM   #42
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiebridges123 View Post
damn! how could you have caught me! oh the cheek!

no, never been drunk in my life. most I've ever had was 2 1/2 pints, that's about my limit before i start getting tipsy and i've never gone above that, and never will. i'm scared of getting hammered, i've heard horror stories.. i've hardly drank at all in the last year

And we have a problem??

equally as such my girlfriend used to drink... i told her she can either stop or it's through which she seems to have understood for the last 6 months.. besides she's a teency bit (understatement) under 18 anyway..(doesn't help most of her friends are 17/18 anyway) but i'm not having her either sleep with some other guy (whether she actively knows or not) or getting raped or whatever, it makes me physically sick worrying about it..and if she does start drinking, especially if i wasn't there... i just wouldn't be able to breathe and i'm not going through that, sounds harsh but hey

I would understand telling a OH to give up the fags or something, but telling them to give up drinking, because you don't agree with drinking? If you don't want to drink, I can't see how you can make her choose you or drink?
In reference to OP..

I don't really have a chill out drink.
I can't chill out by having a drink, doesn't make sense..

If I am going out..

Any lager does me, but tennants or stella are the usual poison. Or cobra if were out for a curry
Emmm for spirits, vodka. Been known to drink tequila, sambuca or whiskey, which oncurrs bad effects.
Vodka is to be mixed with fresh orange. If not lemonade and blackcurrant, lemonade and lime or irn bru.
Never coke, red bull or jager.
Jager + vod + red bull = shambles.
Anything else tbh, will drink poof juice, sours, mickey finns, cactus jacks etc only good for necking/banter/drinking games.

Last edited by Sally; 14-06-09 at 03:25 PM.
Old 14-06-09, 03:23 PM   #43
glsuk1970

Wine for me. Red or white, whatever's on offer in the supermarket but I normally stick to European wines. The missus quite likes Prosecco and although I'm not really a lager drinker but a nice cold bottle of Peroni usually hits the spot.

If it's been a particularly rough week then a cold Jack Daniels with ice is necessary.
Old 14-06-09, 04:15 PM   #44
jamesterror

Quote:

equally as such my girlfriend used to drink... i told her she can either stop or it's through which she seems to have understood for the last 6 months..
.. and shes still with you, you must be something special to her to be at a similar age to me and have your 'believes' so to speak in use.

I don't agree with telling somebody what they can and can't do to a an extent such as drinking, I'd make your views understood to her not forced upon her as such, how much confidence can it knock out of a relationship? She could fear telling you things? ETC.. I'm not a counciller IDK, just my opinion.

I've just come out of a relationship nearly 2 years and having things like that knocked us about as I or her would drink OTT and we'd get arsey about it to each other, future (don't matter anymore though really). But as long as you are both happy, thats all that matters most.

I don't agree with smoking having lost 2 close relatives to "smoked related deaths", lung cancer / blood clots due to fat, so its a no go if a girl smokes, however drinking to a non-alcoholic degree.
jamesterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-09, 04:26 PM   #45
anna
Mega Poster

Tea Tea Tea you just cant beat Tea

.. but I have to say before moving here wine wasnt something I really enjoyed but, the wine here is just amazing.

In winter I really love a small glass of Port before bed, itīs just one of those really warming drinks.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-09, 04:28 PM   #46
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesterror View Post
I don't agree with smoking having lost 2 close relatives to "smoked related deaths", lung cancer / blood clots due to fat, so its a no go if a girl smokes, however drinking to a non-alcoholic degree.
How do you judge a alocholic in a young person anyway..

If some of us who drink a fair bit, were older, we would probably be classed as an alcoholic, but because were young, its just seen as having a good time/the norm.

How you would judge an alcohloic in someone young/student is beyond me
Old 14-06-09, 04:39 PM   #47
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesh00 View Post
I usually have a couple of cans of the becks vier of an evening - but if ive had a hard day or feel like I deserve it I like nothing better than a few straight brandies to sort me out - it makes it very relaxing to light up a cigar whilst in the comfort of your smoking jacket and slippers.... actually thats b******s.... just gimme the brandy...... that golden..... warming.... seductive sunshine in a glass.......gimme it now.... god I need another drink

This is recreational drinking I dont have problem

+1 made me laugh, on rum and coke at mo, but don't mind voddy or southern comfort, usually drink the whole bottle though, wich leads to not wanting to go to work in the morning, has been known to happen.
Old 14-06-09, 04:45 PM   #48
Bluefish

Quote:
damn! how could you have caught me! oh the cheek!

no, never been drunk in my life. most I've ever had was 2 1/2 pints, that's about my limit before i start getting tipsy and i've never gone above that, and never will. i'm scared of getting hammered, i've heard horror stories.. i've hardly drank at all in the last year

equally as such my girlfriend used to drink... i told her she can either stop or it's through which she seems to have understood for the last 6 months.. besides she's a teency bit (understatement) under 18 anyway..(doesn't help most of her friends are 17/18 anyway) but i'm not having her either sleep with some other guy (whether she actively knows or not) or getting raped or whatever, it makes me physically sick worrying about it..and if she does start drinking, especially if i wasn't there... i just wouldn't be able to breathe and i'm not going through that, sounds harsh but hey
wow, do you let her go out after dark on her own, or does she have to be in by 6.
Old 14-06-09, 04:58 PM   #49
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
you must have, vodka mixes with anything
Preferably with my blood system
Old 14-06-09, 05:01 PM   #50
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Doesn't she mind being restricted to your views?
Sounds a touch controlling to me - the girl is nearly 18, let her have a life before she gets old before her time.