SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 10-07-06, 08:43 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Thoughts for next year

First of all, the big one- spoke to a few people and it seems to get a good reception. I know part of the reason it's so big is that it's THE annual rideout, but it's a shame to only do it once. What do we think about expanding the idea a little, have the AR at the end or start of the good weather, and another big, national ride at the other end? It'd mean more people can get there, and twice as many is twice the fun... Of course, splitting it mught reduce the number for people who only want to do one, but I've a feeling most of the folks who were along at the weekend would do 2... Plus, if one was a washout with bad weather, it wouldn't be such a disappointment.

I thought the route and the organisation was magic, so honestly no suggestions at all to make there.

As far as the campsite... It'd be great if we could find ourselves one that'll allow an open fire. A lot of places will, in my experience, as long as you're not all clowns. The Big Red Fun Bus was great in that it gave things a centrepoint with a bit of light and so on, but there's something about a campfire, it'd have been perfect I reckon. And a guitar And we definately need a snoring corner!
But we're oh so easily swayed"
Old 10-07-06, 08:50 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thoughts for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
As far as the campsite... It'd be great if we could find ourselves one that'll allow an open fire. A lot of places will, in my experience, as long as you're not all clowns. The Big Red Fun Bus was great in that it gave things a centrepoint with a bit of light and so on, but there's something about a campfire, it'd have been perfect I reckon. And a guitar And we definately need a snoring corner!
I love a good fire when out in the open air...its just so primal and the right thing to do. Even when i put out the last embers of the coals with some beer i was sad to see it gone.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 10-07-06, 08:50 PM   #3
Demonz

Expanding on the multi ride out concept. I wouldnt mind seeing some regional annual rideouts with national invites - some areas i would love to get out and around throughout the year and be shown around by the locals.

Old 10-07-06, 08:51 PM   #4
Demonz

Default Re: Thoughts for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
I love a good fire when out in the open air...its just so primal and the right thing to do. Even when i put out the last embers of the coals with some beer i was sad to see it gone.
A brazier would've been an ideal solution

Old 10-07-06, 08:57 PM   #5
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta
Expanding on the multi ride out concept. I wouldnt mind seeing some regional annual rideouts with national invites - some areas i would love to get out and around throughout the year and be shown around by the locals.
Good idea.

Old 10-07-06, 08:59 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Other thoughts for next year.

A proper size BBQ (but who to bring one is the obvious problem)
A designated support vehicle for the campers, maybe even regional ones? (may solve the BBQ peoblem too)
An "official" photographer. (Proper group photo of the whole thing, everyone on their bikes or something etc?)
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 10-07-06, 09:10 PM   #7
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Other thoughts for next year.

An "official" photographer. (Proper group photo of the whole thing, everyone on their bikes or something etc?)
I think Quiff might snap that job up quickly

Old 10-07-06, 09:11 PM   #8
jonboy

Regional ride-outs are certainly a good idea, but the Annual Ride-out obviously only happens just the once (hence the term "annual" ). If we try to change the concept you'll dilute that feeling of oneness and that which makes it special.

Old 10-07-06, 09:21 PM   #9
Grinch

I like the idea of a sv only ride out.. though I it would have been nice to get a photo of all the bike and all the riders...

Old 10-07-06, 09:33 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Regional ride-outs are certainly a good idea, but the Annual Ride-out obviously only happens just the once (hence the term "annual" ). If we try to change the concept you'll dilute that feeling of oneness and that which makes it special.
Yeah, you could be right. That's why I reckon an AR and a seperate, "end of season" rideout might be a better idea than 2 proper AR's, hopefully wouldn't have the same impact on the AR but with a lot of the benefits. Not sure.

As for regional rideouts, spoke to a few folks over the weekend about redoing our one up here- last time we got a load of the Irish and Essex boys up, and it was great- the more the merrier. But if I organise it it'll crash and burn More on this later
But we're oh so easily swayed"