SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-06-07, 07:11 PM   #11
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: My CBT/DAS...the story so far!

i passed 1st time but i had had 1 1/2 years on cbt so i only took 2 lessons but i only got 1 minor so my friend gave me a fiver cos we had a bet if i could beet his score or equal it SO YOU HAVE TO BEET 1 MINOR OR EQUAL IT BUT YOU DONT WIN A FIVER COS IM A TIGHT B*ST*RD

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 07:12 PM   #12
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
Well done!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
will do. when is your test?

i forgot to say, on my test i got a bit lost when i was supposed to be riding around the block before doing the emergency stop and ended up riding back the way i came. it confused the poor examiner. he had to take me to a more simple block to ride around!!!!
Old 19-06-07, 07:16 PM   #13
Rich
Mega Poster

Sounds like your having fun, i feel for you ladies doing your DAS's. I did my training and test on a 125cc and i was so happy i did.

I trained with two girlies and they dropped the bike in u-turns and on emergency stops no end of times. The u-turns all about shifting your weight to counter balance the bike, when they understood how to sit on the bike and move around to balance they soon managed it. They passed first time after a weeks training.

Good luck with yours im sure you'll be fine.
Old 19-06-07, 07:16 PM   #14
LouLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Ŵìđéßõ¥» View Post
i passed 1st time but i had had 1 1/2 years on cbt so i only took 2 lessons but i only got 1 minor so my friend gave me a fiver cos we had a bet if i could beet his score or equal it SO YOU HAVE TO BEET 1 MINOR OR EQUAL IT BUT YOU DONT WIN A FIVER COS IM A TIGHT B*ST*RD
Did you feel incredibly smug? I could lie!! The way I'm going atm I'd say that I'd struggle to equal or beat your score but miracles can happen lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
will do. when is your test?

i forgot to say, on my test i got a bit lost when i was supposed to be riding around the block before doing the emergency stop and ended up riding back the way i came. it confused the poor examiner. he had to take me to a more simple block to ride around!!!!
Test's on July the 5th so I've got my next 5 days spread out up until then...confusing the examiner sounds like a plan lol
Old 19-06-07, 07:18 PM   #15
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

good luck

just relax will flt bye in a good way its really easy if you relax just remember to do you lifesavers like you a maniac

p.s. i would have felt smug but my clutch went as i left the test centre and i had to push it 8 miles home

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 07:30 PM   #16
LouLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Ŵìđéßõ¥» View Post
good luck

just relax will flt bye in a good way its really easy if you relax just remember to do you lifesavers like you a maniac

p.s. i would have felt smug but my clutch went as i left the test centre and i had to push it 8 miles home
Great timing huh?!

Does it take you ages to log-in to the forum btw? Just wondered cos of your username lol

My head is spinning atm...so much to think about...lifesavers, road positioning blah blah blah...driving a car seems so easy compared with riding!! All car drivers should be made to ride...would make them more careful...
Old 19-06-07, 10:21 PM   #17
malks

dont worry i took 3 attempts to pass my test! first one said i was passing parked cars too close! i'm very annoyed asbout that, as i had asked my instructor the day before aboutt he exact thing in the same location. but never mind. second i put foot down on u-turn. new i had failed straight away. passed third time! got a bike couple of months later!! lving it so much now!!
it'll be great and you'll love it once its all done and dusted!
Old 19-06-07, 10:32 PM   #18
kitkat

did my das over 2 weekends never having ridden before. dropped bike 17 times day before my test. I was so tired having to put bike onto centre stand. biggest killer for me was getting on and off the bike as I was not allowed to put it onto the side stand. real struggle getting my leg over (ooer Mrs)

best of luck with your test, you will be fine.
Old 19-06-07, 10:44 PM   #19
redlavachips

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
Oh...I'm REALLY bad at getting the bike on the centre stand...need to beef up down the gym or strap on some lead weights

I'm doing a 7 day course as I'm a total novice...at first I thought 7 days sounded extreme but now I'm just thinking...OMG, how am I going to be up to standard in time for the test!! Mind you...before yesterday morning I'd never even ridden on my own!
i did my test a month a go and will try and give you some advice:
  • center stande all you do put all your weight on the stand and the bike should be as light as a feather ( dont be afriad to do this the bike can not go anywhere whilst the stand is touching the floor)
  • dont give up, first day my instructor shouted at me so much i was nearly in tears ( im 17 for god sakes) remember hes not there to be your friend hes there to teach you motorcycling (thats what my intructor said to me)
  • for u turns, speed up till a good 10mph pull in the clucth and do a smooth turn looking at the direction ur about to go not at the kerb and try to not use the front brake ( i got told destabilises the bike)
best of luck, is the best thing in the world when you pass
Old 20-06-07, 08:48 AM   #20
Baph

I did a 4 day intesive course, pretty much as you were doing, but I'd already done CBT before hand.

I had the advantage of a long time on field bikes, so bike control wasn't an issue at all. The only real thing I had to brush up on was mirrors (don't use them much in fields - no idea why ).

I still managed to drop my SV at ooooohhhh 0mph, into a bush in my front garden!!

I also dropped the ER5 I was learning on, right outside the dealership I'd bought the SV from, whilst trying to put it on the centre stand, about 5mins before my test. Didn't use the centre stand on my test for some odd reason...

You'll be fine, we all have moments like you've had, but you'll pull through it in the end. Determination alone will get you there if nothing else does.