SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Exhausts Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 23-02-07, 12:17 AM   #1
ljharmitt

Thumbs up Blue flame

What does everybody think of the blue flame exhausts for sv650s? Trying to get best exhaust!!!
Old 23-02-07, 12:46 AM   #2
monkey

Default Re: Blue flame

I've got one and it's very, very nice. Never actually heard any other but I've heard "you get what you pay for". There are 4 different tunes to it depending on which baffles you take out (If you get the dual port). Also 4 different power shifts. I done a track day with mine (bought the can the day before!) and didn't really like how much having both baffles out shifted the power up the top end. Have another track day on 3rd March and think I'll leave one in. I have the titanium oval. They are a sinch to fit if you got the guts and a mini hacksaw. Guaranteed for life too if you get the titanium although I got mine second hand and I don't think they'd honour it.

If it's sound you're after then you can't go wrong, plus you can take the baffles out and keep them with you, and if the old bill pull you at least you can say you just bought it and you showed your mate what it sounded like and forgot to put them back!

It likes to pop a wee bit with engine braking but I'm assured this or taking out both baffles will not affect the engine negatively.

Don't sell your standard can though whatever you get!
Old 23-02-07, 12:56 AM   #3
on yer bike

Thumbs up Re: Blue flame

I just fitted mine last week, the look alone is ace, weight saving/power gain is even better, that light rumble which makes EVERYONE turn their head and thats with the road legal baffle in, and those little bangs *drools*

I used to love my bike, Now I'm in love with it!

Old 23-02-07, 12:58 AM   #4
ljharmitt

Very nice mate, thanks for the advice from both of you... Anybody else know anything about other exhausts?
Old 23-02-07, 01:06 AM   #5
fat_brstd

They have a very nice note but dont have the best reputation for build quality but they do look very tasty. Remus are very nice but are expensive and other than that scorpion make good solid cans which sound good.
Old 23-02-07, 08:51 AM   #6
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Read the exhaust section and then buy a Remus.

I've got a blue flame and my other half has a Remus, out of the two I'd buy a Remus. The fitting kit and the overall quality of the Remus is far superior IMHO.

I had a lot of problem with my blue flame can ( It vibrated itself to bits ) Blue Flame were very good and sorting out my problems and rebuilt the can under warranty. Although I was promised a new can.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-07, 09:20 AM   #7
scorpion

I've got a stainless high oval Scorpion on my sv650 k5 and its the mutts nutts! I did a lot of research when looking for my can and I personally feel that Scorpion are up there with the best. They get great marks in the reviews.

I had a list of things that the can had to conform too:

1. Budget
2. Removable Baffle
3. Road Legal
4. E-Marked on the can not the Baffle
5. Weight
6. Sound of Thunder
7. Power Increase
8. Guarantee
9. No need to re-jet, or change filters
10. Comes with all the bits

Scorpion were the only firm that passed all these points with flying colours so that's what I went for.
My mate has a Blue flame on his and he loves it, really it's down to personal choice but obviously I prefer mine for sound.
Mine cost 180 pounds at the NEC. I had it within 4 days. Fitted by my local dealer.
Apart from the spine tingleing rasp that the can made, the first major thing I noticed was the flat spot around 4500-5500 revs had gone and I had pretty much a straight power curve to the red line.
That was 18 months ago and every time I fire my baby up for the morning comute into town a huge grin still appears on my face!
Go to www.scorpion-exhausts.com and check it out.

Good luck.
Old 23-02-07, 10:19 AM   #8
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
I've got a stainless high oval Scorpion on my sv650 k5 and its the mutts nutts! I did a lot of research when looking for my can and I personally feel that Scorpion are up there with the best. They get great marks in the reviews.

I had a list of things that the can had to conform too:

1. Budget
2. Removable Baffle
3. Road Legal
4. E-Marked on the can not the Baffle
5. Weight
6. Sound of Thunder
7. Power Increase
8. Guarantee
9. No need to re-jet, or change filters
10. Comes with all the bits

Scorpion were the only firm that passed all these points with flying colours so that's what I went for.
My mate has a Blue flame on his and he loves it, really it's down to personal choice but obviously I prefer mine for sound.
Mine cost 180 pounds at the NEC. I had it within 4 days. Fitted by my local dealer.
Apart from the spine tingleing rasp that the can made, the first major thing I noticed was the flat spot around 4500-5500 revs had gone and I had pretty much a straight power curve to the red line.
That was 18 months ago and every time I fire my baby up for the morning comute into town a huge grin still appears on my face!
Go to www.scorpion-exhausts.com and check it out.

Good luck.

Jeez, do you work for Scorpion or something? Your name's Scorpion, I've read at least two threads in which you've bigged up Scorpion... Either you're a Scorpion mole or you really need to get out more
Old 23-02-07, 10:22 AM   #9
scorpion

I need to get out more!
Old 23-02-07, 10:46 AM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljharmitt View Post
What does everybody think of the blue flame exhausts for sv650s? Trying to get best exhaust!!!
Hmm,, define the best!!

The best for power - M4
Best for build - Renegade
Best for sound - Well everyone has thier fav
Best for looks - Blue flame
Best all round can - Remus
Others to consider
Akraprovic(sp?0
Micron
CCC (Carbon can company)
Yoshimura (sp?)

If i had to do it all again, id get a remus. I had a blue flame, and the same as fiz, mine split and vibrated itself to bits 4 times. Unless they have dramaticaly sorted thier build quality, then id still stay away.

HTH
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote