SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-09-08, 11:13 PM   #1
MR UKI (1)

Default We got Robinho!

Come on City
Old 01-09-08, 11:41 PM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: We got Robinho!

We got Berbatov.

Signing of the season - Julian Gray to Fulham, what a player.

Robinho a shocking but useful signing, City will have the shortest attack in the premiership.
Old 02-09-08, 08:08 AM   #3
hovis

we got Alexei Smertin

Old 02-09-08, 08:54 AM   #4
keithd

im going to rant now so feel free to switch off...

£32m? is that what citeh paid for him? disgusting pathetic and outrageous. i've been a football fan all my life, first watch my team in 1978, a cracking 0-0 draw against everton....but the last few years, and maybe its sour grapes since my team were relegated and out of the limelight, but i can't honestly say if thats the case or not cos i know no different, football is going from bad to worse. the money is obscene. these big clubs are ruining little clubs. bournemouth had to start this season off on -17 points. thats them relegated to the conference effectively. thats the club gone bust effectively. so the fans suffer. the big clubs pay stupid wages, so the stupid footballer demands more and down the line it goes...

i now dislike football intensely. never thought i'd say that. actually thats not true. i dislike the premiership intenesly. overpaid. simple as. these people have come into city and said heres £500m am i right? tell me thats good for the game and i'll laugh at you.

i know lots of you feel the same, its taken me long enough to join the gang. but im on board now!

now if you want to watch a real team game full of talented individuals watch the ryder cup.
Old 02-09-08, 09:14 AM   #5
Jester666

+1
Old 02-09-08, 09:25 AM   #6
Jabba

Still, one in the eye for Chelski though

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
now if you want to watch a real team game full of talented individuals watch the ryder cup.
Yup - playing for country (okay....Europe!) for no payment and how hard did they fight to get into the team? Go Europe!!

Compare that to the shambles that will take to the field against Andorra on Saturday. No Woodgate, King, Ashley Young, St Michael of Newcastle or (dare I say it) Peter Crouch (who's never let England down)......... picked Upson and Lescott instead of Woodgate? And then keeps John Terry as Captain meaning that no other central defender has a chance to win a place (Rio is head and shoulders better than the rest so will always be #1 pick). Bah!!

That's my footie rant over.
Old 02-09-08, 09:26 AM   #7
Jester666

No Dean Ashton again!
Old 02-09-08, 10:44 AM   #8
plowsie

Keith not so much the fee paid, but, Robinho(a world class footballer at 24 years of age) going to a not so top Premiership side I think may be good for the game, it gives city a good chance at top flight football, yes I know it takes a lot more than one player, but I seriously rate him.

Suppose on the other hand it shows that teams need to be bought out by billionaires to play top flight football.

The money in it is ridicolous for player, it would take me 10 years of hard work to earn Cristiano Ronaldos wage which he runs around for a few hours a week for. Agh well I'm only jealous.
Old 02-09-08, 10:49 AM   #9
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
No Dean Ashton again!
Very fair point. In my view he would do well with Rooney in a "Sherringham/Shearer" kind of way.

Surprised that one of the bigger teams didn't pursue an enquiry for him.
Old 02-09-08, 10:54 AM   #10
plowsie

Biggest hit for the England team is Jimmy Bullard! Another deserved player for a chance.