SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-03-09, 03:02 PM   #1
calypso67

Wink Brought Oxford Street to stand still.

Well guys

I was a bit of a rebel on Saturday morning with another 100or so riders. We didn't do it just for fun it was to bring to the public's attention that Westminster Council are trying to bring in parking fees for bikes.

We met up at 10am and rode very slowly down Regents Street then into Oxford Street and back again. It was a real laugh, we had such a great response from nearly everyone. The only people that had a problem with us was Taxi drivers, the busses and cars even tooted their horns with us.

Then we rode on to Ace Cafe had lunch then some went on to Alexandra Palace but I couldn't believe how tired I was. All that slow riding on clutch and back brake was tough. My body felt like I had run a marathon.

The reason I am telling you this is really to say how my bike behaved, she was superb, she filtered with ease which for me I have not felt comfortable filtering. On my GS500F I felt not quite right but the SV feels so light, Nick and I got caught in some broken traffic lights. Mayhem was the correct word with plenty of road rage thrown in and I managed to zip through without any worries.

I think it is mainly I know I can get out of the way pretty quickly. Well this was to be a quick note but I seem to have gone on a bit. If you are interested in finding out more about the parking tax for bikes go to www.notoparkingfees.com

Deb
Old 03-03-09, 03:32 PM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Brought Oxford Street to stand still!

Please see http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...ikeparkingfees

We been at it already - Bender even got on the Telly

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote