SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 10-07-11, 09:39 AM   #1
ManxMatt34

Default Arriving Thursday

Me and Rach will be getting a thursday morning boat again, basically like i did myself for AR last year. Then i'll be heading to site via hopefully finiding some nice roads.

I assume they'll be a few of you there thursday? Really looking forward to this, Matt + Donnybird.
Old 10-07-11, 11:04 AM   #2
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Arriving Thursday

Oli will be there Thursday, as will Rictus. How far away is IOM?

DP was talking about being there on Thursday too. Just be aware, the owner may charge you the tent fee, as the group booking is only Friday and Saturday nights. I'd like to hope you'd be able to try getting away with not paying it, as we're lining his pockets rather well over the weekend!

I'll be there briefly to bring up the mammoth food supply for Saturday night. Then buggering off home to collect the bike to bring back early Friday.

Edit....IOM is only 106 miles away!!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 10-07-11 at 11:07 AM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 06:40 PM   #3
Mrs_giggles

yep me n dave going up thursday, as where not doing a joint holiday this year where making it a long weekend away
depending which boat your catching and when you arrive you could pop in to us and ride up with dave(also can dump any thing in my car , if i have room that is!!!)
Old 10-07-11, 06:53 PM   #4
Bluefish

Thought you were coming to ours? traitor I'm off all that week as well
Old 11-07-11, 08:40 AM   #5
AndyBrad

ill be there friday night im afraid chap. Kat is looking forward to meeting your missus.

If your stuck for anything let me know and ill get it picked up friday morning
Old 11-07-11, 02:12 PM   #6
startrek.steve

I will be there Thursday along with the family, prepare to be annoyed!
Old 11-07-11, 02:53 PM   #7
orose

Can I just point out that the weekend will start on Friday, and anyone found lurking before then will be pressganged into doing useful things. If you don't want this, then don't turn up until Friday and disappear before I start handing bin bags out Sunday afternoon...
Old 11-07-11, 03:44 PM   #8
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
Can I just point out that the weekend will start on Friday, and anyone found lurking before then will be pressganged into doing useful things. If you don't want this, then don't turn up until Friday and disappear before I start handing bin bags out Sunday afternoon...
Now this did make me Lol!

We even had a tent left for us to clear up on the Sunday after all had gone from Essex
Old 11-07-11, 05:47 PM   #9
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Oli will be there Thursday, as will Rictus. How far away is IOM?

DP was talking about being there on Thursday too. Just be aware, the owner may charge you the tent fee, as the group booking is only Friday and Saturday nights. I'd like to hope you'd be able to try getting away with not paying it, as we're lining his pockets rather well over the weekend!

I'll be there briefly to bring up the mammoth food supply for Saturday night. Then buggering off home to collect the bike to bring back early Friday.

Edit....IOM is only 106 miles away!!
Yeh i had a very quick look on the map if i ride from the Heysham sea terminal it's not too far atall, might make it into a little bit of a rideup via A-Roads, depends on whos doing what. Better start making some phone calls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_giggles View Post
yep me n dave going up thursday, as where not doing a joint holiday this year where making it a long weekend away
depending which boat your catching and when you arrive you could pop in to us and ride up with dave(also can dump any thing in my car , if i have room that is!!!)
Sounds like a good possibility, there is one favour i want to call in regarding a sleeping bag if possible and was going to ring you funny enough anyway. I'll give yourself a Dave a ring this week once we find the pennies for the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishman View Post
Thought you were coming to ours? traitor I'm off all that week as well
Yeh i wasn't aware you were off all week though, are you both off and able to head up on the thursday, prehaps a steady scenic ride up with ourselves on the Kwak, Dave on the ??? and yourselves on the Triumph. Matt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
ill be there friday night im afraid chap. Kat is looking forward to meeting your missus.
If your stuck for anything let me know and ill get it picked up friday morning
Yeh i was going through the list of who we know too Rach yesterday saying who i do/don't know. And naturally gave a pre-warning of yourselves :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
Just ask the people i work with, i'm excellent at getting out of the "work" bit .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post

We even had a tent left for us to clear up on the Sunday after all had gone from Essex
Someone whos posted on this thread is responsible for that, granted after me and several others had gone diving into it.
Old 11-07-11, 06:47 PM   #10
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
Me too.....

ManxMatt, you won't get passed me......your on litter pickin duty for trying to wriggle out of it

Oli.....you'll be too late, I'll have handed out the bin bags in the morning before everyone leaves

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 11-07-11 at 06:48 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote