SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-11-18, 11:10 AM   #61
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: the mood in your area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
We're not out yet, ECJ ruling yet to be made on whether or not member state can unilaterally cancel A50 notice.
What a nonsense, this case instigated by remoaners and no doubt financed by that bastion of democracy Soros. EU would agree to cancel Art50 in a heartbeat, on the proviso that we adopt the Euro, lose our rebate, join schengen area, cut our MEP total to 5, surrender the British army to the EU version of NATO ( LOL ) - etc. etc. That way lies abject surrender and ruination of our nation, and loss of any respect we have in the EU and the big wide world outside the ever shrinking EU bubble.

EU will be gone soon anyway, consigned to room 101 of history as ' a 1940's project that lost its path and its relevance in the 21st century'.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 21-11-18 at 11:27 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-18, 12:22 PM   #62
Talking Heads

You're not a fan then?
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-18, 01:01 PM   #63
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
What a nonsense, this case instigated by remoaners and no doubt financed by that bastion of democracy Soros. EU would agree to cancel Art50 in a heartbeat, on the proviso that we adopt the Euro, lose our rebate, join schengen area, cut our MEP total to 5, surrender the British army to the EU version of NATO ( LOL ) - etc. etc. That way lies abject surrender and ruination of our nation, and loss of any respect we have in the EU and the big wide world outside the ever shrinking EU bubble.

EU will be gone soon anyway, consigned to room 101 of history as ' a 1940's project that lost its path and its relevance in the 21st century'.

The word is "remainers". "Remoaners" is an insult which we dont do on this forum.
As for cancelling Art 50, that would simply restore the status quo so all that adopting the Euro, loss of rebate, Shengen, MEP cuts and surrender of the British army is a red herring, perhaps a bit of "project fear" eh?
All the above might be on the cards if we do leave next March, suffer the economic consequences and seek to rejoin in several years time. Then we would have lost all respect from the EU and the big wide world and much in the way of economic clout along the way.
As for Soros,he is a wealthy man with some influence around the world but rather less so than Putin and his Russian state machinary I suspect.

Anyway, if the EU is all going to fall apart soon why be so worked up about it?
Old 21-11-18, 01:07 PM   #64
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
an insult which we dont do on this forum.
ermmm hello, i'm still here
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-18, 01:08 PM   #65
Bibio
Mega Poster

i doubt very much that the EU will disband any time soon. remodel maybe but disband.. no fekin way.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-18, 01:24 PM   #66
embee
Mega Poster

I didn't vote to leave because there was no plan (credible or otherwise) as to what the UK wanted to do, the way forward, trading, rules/regs, residence/work visas etc etc.
I sympathise with the idealistic sentiments, but that, as the saying goes, butters no parsnips.
The moaning I hear now seems to be from folk who voted to leave but aren't happy with the way it's turning out so far. Well I ask again, what was the plan, where do you want to get to and how will we do it, how long will it take, what resources are required, what are the priorities?
It's been like everyone voting to go on holiday, and now we are trying to decide where, when, how, fly/sail/drive, how long for, self catering or full board, do we need vaccinations, how much will it cost, who is coming with us, hot/cold/summer/winter etc etc.
What is the plan? Just tell us. We're leaving, then what?

What the government is dealing with right now are the exit arrangements, that's just the start, and those who voted to leave don't appear to have a concensus on that bit. What exit arrangements do you want? Then the next bit, the next 50yrs or so? No-one will tell me.
Old 21-11-18, 01:42 PM   #67
SV650rules
Mega Poster

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-EU-membership

Read and weep for the conniving politicians and establishment in UK, one easy way you can tell if they are telling lies, are their lips moving.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-18, 01:54 PM   #68
embee
Mega Poster

Yes, and they are the people we are now giving full unfettered power to with no overseeing body. We can moan about them and the EU till the cows come home.

I will just try one more time, then I'll give up. What is the plan?
Old 21-11-18, 02:36 PM   #69
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
You're not a fan then?
Old 21-11-18, 04:44 PM   #70
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default the mood in your area

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-EU-membership

Read and weep for the conniving politicians and establishment in UK, one easy way you can tell if they are telling lies, are their lips moving.

So, the plan all along was to give away the power that UK politicians had. Given current state of affairs and their inability to agree on anything I think we should all thank Mr Heath and stay in! It's that or Rees-Mogg/Johnson/Gove et al deciding for us. Heaven forbid Dorres...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...39216.html?amp

An MP who didn't realise Brexit meant we would have no MEPs!!!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote