SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-07-06, 11:12 AM   #1
Carrot Cruncher

Default Pointless Friday Thread

Today, I am sat at my desk attempting to do some work but not getting very far with my bike sat in the shade outside my window. . I ride up the cat n fiddle at home-time beckons me thinks :P .

Tomorrow, I'm going to be out on my bike for the majority of the day then going to my mate's wedding reception in the evening, where I won't be drinking much so I can go out riding early Sunday.

What about you lot??
Old 28-07-06, 11:14 AM   #2
Carsick

Trying to piece together some files I just lost then a ride through the stone circles to get home.
Over the weekend I'll be taking it easy. Might get an opportunity to check valve clearances then drinking on Saturday night where there is free entry and 50p drinks.
Sunday I may be taking it especially easy.
Old 28-07-06, 11:19 AM   #3
DanDare

Missus is on a Hen night in Whitley Bay somewhere near Newcastle I think.

So I have the whole weekend to myself.

And I haven't made any plans yet.
Old 28-07-06, 11:29 AM   #4
Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsick
drinking on Saturday night where there is free entry and 50p drinks.
DAMNN!!!

thats cheep, could do with a bar like that round here

tonight is the lads meeting in the pub for steak and beer, tomorrow is my baby brothers 18th bday party (his bday is today) and sunday ill be riding to the cafe in quatford (the last stop on AR06)
Old 28-07-06, 11:30 AM   #5
Jabba

Barbie tonight.

Wash/clean/polish bike tomorrow morning, party in the evening.

Sunday is Sunday for me............so early morning blat on the bike
Old 28-07-06, 11:34 AM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

Tonight, off to Bluewater, then up pub.
Tomorrow, stuff, then coming out of retirement to DJ and my friends 30th Birthday.
Sunday. replace rear caliper, balance carbs, and try to find out why i have a sticky front brake lever. Then probably out on the bike.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-06, 11:38 AM   #7
wyrdness

I've got the day off work today so am planning on going to Oxford with Mrs Wyrdness. Obviously I'm reading the org instead of getting reading to go out, so will be bollocked in a minute.

Tonight I'm proposing. We got handfasted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handfasting) last year but we've decided that we should make it legal because, if anything happens to me, she'd end up homeless at the moment.
Old 28-07-06, 11:43 AM   #8
Iansv

Today, off work but going in later in the day as my head of dept is leaving and got a do to go too, Saturday and Sunday in Peterborough seeing family and friends
Old 28-07-06, 11:46 AM   #9
Filipe M.

I'll most probably be stuck in the office till stupid o'clock tonight, last week's friday lasted until 6 a.m. and today isn't looking much better. So there.
Old 28-07-06, 12:38 PM   #10
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
I've got the day off work today so am planning on going to Oxford with Mrs Wyrdness. Obviously I'm reading the org instead of getting reading to go out, so will be bollocked in a minute.

Tonight I'm proposing. We got handfasted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handfasting) last year but we've decided that we should make it legal because, if anything happens to me, she'd end up homeless at the moment.
Good luck - don't let her find out you told us first!

Handfasting - You really are Wyrd - good on you
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote