SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 13-08-10, 07:34 PM   #41
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Oulton, Silverstone or Donington

I gets ya. Although I reckon the fast group is over subscribed. There were 3 on the waiting list for fast group when I called up*. I reckon there a few people who are set to race in the Silverstone BSB round in september booked in to get some track time.

*I did tell the woman that no matter how fast the fastest person in the fast group was that I definately would be twice as quick as them and therefore a danger in the inters group but they weren't budging!!!
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.

Last edited by Mr Speirs; 13-08-10 at 07:35 PM.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10, 06:09 PM   #42
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...de=Silverstone

I'm going to cream my pants if it's as nice it says it's going to be. Saturday is the last chance to get new tyres fitted, so will have to make a choice by then.

I'm definitely going to crash.
Old 18-08-10, 06:14 PM   #43
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Awesome!!!!!!!

I actually had a look at my tyres and think I possibly need to put some on.
Whats the minimum tread depth in the centre of the rear would you be comfortable with doing a track day on?
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 18-08-10, 09:01 PM   #44
pink and white

Hi mr speirs,
I have a brand new set dunlop d209 gp racer. 120/70 front SOFT COMPOUNDS, 180/55 rear ENDURANCE COMPOUNDS.IF YOU INTEREST £150
Old 18-08-10, 09:07 PM   #45
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Ah cheers but I'm alright, I've got a pair of nearly new Michelin PR2's in the garage so will try and get them put on. I've got just under 2mm above the limit markers in the middle of the rear.
I never have been on a track so not sure how much wear I can expect. Can anyone reassure me or put me straight as to whether should put the newer ones on or not to worry.
Old 18-08-10, 09:15 PM   #46
pink and white

No worries.
The tyres do wear out on track
But mainly on the side,not center section
Old 18-08-10, 09:31 PM   #47
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Do you reckon it will be alright then? I guess if it does become a problem I can get a rear put on by the tyre people at the track.
Old 18-08-10, 09:44 PM   #48
pink and white

Depends how many people want the tyrrs change on the day.you may in a queue,so may miss your sessions.
Also they mainly stock track base tyres.
Of course you can supply your own tyres
Old 18-08-10, 11:04 PM   #49
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Ah cheers but I'm alright, I've got a pair of nearly new Michelin PR2's in the garage so will try and get them put on. I've got just under 2mm above the limit markers in the middle of the rear.
I never have been on a track so not sure how much wear I can expect. Can anyone reassure me or put me straight as to whether should put the newer ones on or not to worry.
If you've got two mill ABOVE the limit marker then you should be fine, easy i reckon.

Take another look the night before though and see what you think. Sounds find though.
Old 19-08-10, 07:49 AM   #50
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Yeah? Ok well it's put my mind at rest. Will have to keep my eye on it as I am out on the bike at the weekend too.