SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 24-08-11, 08:31 PM   #31
ravingdavis

Default Re: Snetterton 300 - 12th September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Come on RD. There's no grass verges for you to hit either and as you're only riding a **** bike you won't be worried about pushing and binning it.
As you have only got a **** face you wont mind me riding over it with my **** bike then
Old 24-08-11, 08:34 PM   #32
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingdavis View Post
As you have only got a **** face you wont mind me riding over it with my **** bike then
You'll have to catch me first and if i walk at a mid pace, given your riding style, i'l start to get away.
Old 24-08-11, 08:43 PM   #33
ravingdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
You'll have to catch me first and if i walk at a mid pace, given your riding style, i'l start to get away.
Do you trip over those lanky legs as much as you fall off bikes? If so I reckon my chances of catching you are quite high.
Old 24-08-11, 09:36 PM   #34
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingdavis View Post
Do you trip over those lanky legs as much as you fall off bikes? If so I reckon my chances of catching you are quite high.
Never.
Old 25-08-11, 05:28 AM   #35
Red Herring
Mega Poster

That's blown it.....never, ever, say never....

I see a Pointy v Curvy challenge coming on..... Mind you, I have a distinct advantage my bike being red....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-11, 01:51 PM   #36
The Idle Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Looks like you're coming then......

I've booked this now, how many of you lot are camping the night before?
Trying to, but I think I'm up against it. I've a track day at Odiham Airfied on the 4th September and doing two days at Snetterton with The Bike Experience charity on 28/29th Sept.

Might be difficult justifying 3 in one month. Better count me out, but you never know, I might get lucky.
Old 25-08-11, 03:14 PM   #37
ravingdavis

I'm out as well. Can't get the day off work.

Dammit.
Old 31-08-11, 11:50 PM   #38
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Anyone else fancy in on this quite prestigious day?
Old 01-09-11, 09:34 PM   #39
rusty76

Hola hombres

I've been sunning myself at a track day at Snetterton today. It was my first time there ever, so thought I'd share my experience.

I booked last minute after looking at the forecast. In my typical fashion I left home a few hours late and didn't get there until 1030pm. It was absolutely pitch black at the circuit and I had no clue where I was trying to get to. Then someone was signalling in the distance by flashing a torch. I'd lucked out, either I'd found the paddock or the local dogging spot. The security guard showed me where I could camp only for me to open the car boot to find I'd left me tent at home. I ended up kipping in one of the pit garages. A freezing cold concrete floor and the wind kept lifting then dropping the roller doors all night with a huge bang. I was the only person on the circuit all night. Very weird and not much sleep, but next day woke to blue sky

Despite being relatively small, the facilities are excellent and well maintained, like the other MSV tracks I've been to. The track surface is great other than a few blemishes, although I did find in places that the top soil from the the newly turfed areas had blown onto the track which could be slippy if you went off line in those areas. Initially I found the layout a bit disjointed but really got into a flow after a few sessions. The new infield section is really good fun and not as tight as it appears. The two straights are very long and allowed me to max out my 'new' SRAD for the first time.

I paid £75. It was a clubMSV day, supposedly a novice day but I didn't meet any and there were plenty of track bikes. They don't have many staff running it, and no free instruction, but they had some optional classroom tuition at various points during the day which I thought was a nice touch. They also have a very new and high tech way of dealing with the photos which consists of loads of multimedia touch screens where you log-in then build up your own folder during the course of the day.

It's a great track and fantastic value. Only bummer is that it's nearly 3 hours from mine and cost me £40 in fuel to get to and back

Oh, and don't forget your tent..
Old 05-09-11, 03:15 PM   #40
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Yeah, seemed the decent thing to do.....

I'll see you guys the evening before then.
What sort of time are you heading to the circuit RH? I'm meeting Speirs in Northampton mid afternoon on the Sunday and heading over about dinner time i think.