SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-02-13, 01:06 AM   #1
Mark-SV-UK

Default Pointy Side stand bolts? to affix fairing to

Hello all, I have an sv650K9 that the last owner has removed the fairing from for some reason, I have managed to get hold of some second hand lower fairing but have noticed that one of the bolts used to secure the side stand side fairing to is missing, does any one know what the bolt is i require its an allen bolt but lenght and thickness I am unsure of, and the bold that you attach the plate to then secure the lower fairing and stand to the frame.

Please hope someone can help so i can buy the correct bolt and install the fairing, also what is the normal price to have fairing sprayed from blue to black? new to biking and this is my first bike as well.

Thanks for your time

Mark
Old 11-02-13, 01:14 AM   #2
Runako

Default Re: Pointy Side stand bolts? to affix fairing to

Sorry but I don't quite know where you mean. The lower fairing bolt attaching to the left (i.e. sidestand) side is probably an M6 bolt. There's no particular length as it doesn't/shouldn't foul anything but I would say an M6 25mm is ok.

If you're referring to something else can you give a more detailed description? Or better yet, post a pic.

Last edited by Runako; 12-02-13 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-02-13, 10:27 PM   #3
Mark-SV-UK

Thats the one sorry people I it was hard explaining but yes thats the correct bolt.. is ebay the best place to buy one ?

Two bolts hold side stand on the left bolt is missing and yes thats the bolt that secures the bracket to the lower left hand side fairing

Last edited by Mark-SV-UK; 11-02-13 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-02-13, 08:06 AM   #4
Runako

If we're talking about the same thing, and you need only 1 bolt, you can get it from Screwfix, Halfords, Toolstation etc. Halfords will be overpriced for only one bolt. Screwfix and Toolstation might require you to buy a bag, which will work out cheaper for the individual bolt. So my recommendation is a local hardware or electrical store where you might be able to pick up just one. Failing that, visit your local garage and see if they have any in stock (or cheekily ask for one of em )
Old 12-02-13, 08:35 AM   #5
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-SV-UK View Post
Thats the one sorry people I it was hard explaining but yes thats the correct bolt.. is ebay the best place to buy one ?

Two bolts hold side stand on the left bolt is missing and yes thats the bolt that secures the bracket to the lower left hand side fairing
So you want the bolt that holds the side stand to the frame and are confusing issues with talk of fairings?

I cannot say for pointies as I have never owned one. But for the curvy when I found one of mine missing I am sure it was an M10 fine pitch. In which case shove your bike on a paddock stand, and take out the remaining bolt and get yourself down to your local fastener supplier.
Old 12-02-13, 08:51 AM   #6
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
So you want the bolt that holds the side stand to the frame and are confusing issues with talk of fairings?
Hmmm, I wasn't too sure myself. But if its a pointy there is a screw hole for the fairing attached to the sidestand bracket. But thinking about it, this isn't supporting the sidestand itself. I starting to suspect the OP has a Curvy ... ?
Old 12-02-13, 01:08 PM   #7
phil24_7
Mega Poster

On the pointy, the fairing bracket is attached to the side stand using the side stand bolt. The Allen headed bolt is most definitely bigger than an M6 so I suggest you put your bike on a paddock stand and remove the other bolt, then take this to a fasteners place, or even a diy place to find a suitable replacement. Or you could simply get one from Suzuki, it'll probably be 4-5 quid!

If it's the bolt to attach the fairing to the bracket, then make sure you have the grommet/spacer fitted to the fairing else it'll end up cracking.

Regards

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-13, 04:14 PM   #8
Mark-SV-UK

Thanks everyone yep I got a 2009 650s K9 "pointy" and it is supposed to have two large allen bolts holding the side stand on im missing the big bolt on the left. Sorry for confusion about the fairing but only mentioned it was because last person removed the bolt because they removed the fairing and the missing bolt holds a bracket that secures the lower rear point on the fairing. Does that explain my madness easier lol

Last edited by Mark-SV-UK; 13-02-13 at 04:28 PM.
Old 13-02-13, 04:29 PM   #9
phil24_7
Mega Poster

A little! LOL

Give your local Suzuki garage a call and they'll be able to order one for you. I think you'll be looking at £3-4 for the bolt.

Regards

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-13, 04:36 PM   #10
Mark-SV-UK

Thank you,

New to forums and biking so bear with me lol

Last edited by Mark-SV-UK; 13-02-13 at 04:40 PM.