SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-12-04, 12:37 AM   #11
embee
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear that.

I'm of the view that if you get knocked off when it's clearly someone else's fault, then you're going to suffer an injury (you know, sore neck, bad back etc ) which means the police MUST be called. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of what is to follow IMO.

Just a thought for the future....................
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-04, 08:48 AM   #12
timwilky
Mega Poster

Sorry to read about your off. But at least you are all right.

Tell the cheeky sods that you hold them 100% liable for the accident and demand that they additioanlly replace your uninsured losses (helmet jacket etc.) and advise them that you have an independant witness.

I guess that you are on a TPFF policy. and therefore have to do all the sh1tty chasing yourself. Insurers seem to think because you are joe public, they can use their size and clout to reduce thier liability. No Bloody way, stand up to them
Old 03-12-04, 09:12 AM   #13
mysteryjimbo

I have the solicitors number i used if you want. Its a no win no fee thing, BUT they are really good and with TPFT you get everything you would get fully comp plus more.

I got a Fazer 1000 for 3 months, injury payment and my clothing money back.
Old 03-12-04, 09:16 AM   #14
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
I got a Fazer 1000 for 3 months.........
Almost worth getting knocked off for, I should think. Fast and comfortable. High on list of next bikes to "check out" in a couple of years time
Old 03-12-04, 09:50 AM   #15
BillyC
Mega Poster

Biggles...

obviously, don't back down... the map and situation will negate the possibility for a 50/50 as far as precident is concerned. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - in situations like this, where you have right of way (defined by a green light), and he had to give way (he was crossing oncoming traffic), no blame can be placed on you for your situation.

Something you should possibly investigate is that if you were on a left filter... the traffic the other way would probably have an equivilent right-filter light. If yours was green, theirs should be red etc. Alternatively, there may also be a no right turn for that oncoming traffic.

Investigate the traffic island, spend a few minutes observing the lights and the order they work in. It may enlighten the situation further for you, putting the van even more in the wrong.

Finally (sigh) speak facts to the insurance company - direction you were travelling in, direction van was travelling in, light configuration at the time of the accident, and the damange to your vehicle, which will tally with the road situation you have just described. Facts facts facts - easily points the blame at him. If they don't play ball... get a Solicitor.
Old 03-12-04, 02:51 PM   #16
howardr

Keep fighting it.

Just remember, all the resultant statistics simply reinforce what a bunch of unruly and inept bunch we all (so clearly) are.

These people need to be shown that bad driving is not acceptable. Unfortunately the 'blame culture' and greediness that we now endure seems to distort everyone's view of 'the truth'.
Old 03-12-04, 06:12 PM   #17
bluebell

Best of luck.