SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-06-05, 11:17 AM   #1
Jay

Default Ridiculous?

Is it stupid for me to spend loads of cash on a pair of twin high level Renegade exhausts for my '01?

I really like them, I've just rebuilt the bike and love it more than ever, and I've got the money all saved up already, but, I can't help feeling that as a) they cost a third as much as the whole bikes worth (at best) and b) I seem to come of the bl*ody thing once every 12 months it might be a bit, well, stupid.

What d'ya think?
Old 21-06-05, 11:19 AM   #2
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

It's your money mate. Do as you please.

GET 'EM!

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-05, 11:21 AM   #3
Grinch

Default Re: Ridiculous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Is it stupid for me to spend loads of cash on a pair of twin high level Renegade exhausts for my '01?

I really like them, I've just rebuilt the bike and love it more than ever, and I've got the money all saved up already, but, I can't help feeling that as a) they cost a third as much as the whole bikes worth (at best) and b) I seem to come of the bl*ody thing once every 12 months it might be a bit, well, stupid.

What d'ya think?
Buy them but invest in some crash bungs and can protectors.. or it you have the cash get a underseat system.
Old 21-06-05, 12:19 PM   #4
arc123

I had a set of twin high-level rene's on mine - fantastic to have but I traded in about 10 months later and re-couped hardly anything on the cost.

IMO, if you're gonna sell up and get another bike in the near(ish) future, you'll be wasting your money. If you're gonna keep the SV for a while - you may as well go for it.

Maybe worth looking on ebay for any used ones?? just a thoguht.

Chief.
arc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-05, 12:27 PM   #5
BillyC
Mega Poster

The high-level, twin Rene's are rare... not many about at all, probably due to their high cost.

If you sold your bike with them, then you're very silly you'd have recouped most of the cost if you'd sold them separately.

Even with that in mind, personally I wouldn't bother. I don't think they look that great, and really isn't worth the cash.

Clearly I am the Angel sitting on your shoulder, rather than the devil sitting on your other.
Old 21-06-05, 01:05 PM   #6
CarlSV650

Spend a grand on a little stroker NSR or RGV and thrash and fall off that instead!!
Old 21-06-05, 03:33 PM   #7
suzsv650

Quote:
Spend a grand on a little stroker NSR or RGV and thrash and fall off that instead!!

YES! ! ! or a RS250! amazing i love them!

or you could just buy a single high leval pipe!
Old 21-06-05, 03:47 PM   #8
jamesobrady

Default traingin

What about spending half the cost of the cans on some Rospa training and doing a Rospa test?
You'll come off your bike less(potentially) and save money on your insurance!