SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-01-08, 08:52 AM   #1
Defender

Default Bluetooth Headsets

I would be obliged if members could provide some advice on the following please.

I have just bought my first bluetooth headset which is a Motorola H500. When I used it for the first time to call my wife, she said she could hear her own voice soon after speaking (echo). This doesn't happen usually so its due to the bluetooth.

Is this normal, is there anything I can do or is it something to get used to.

Thank you
Old 13-01-08, 09:10 AM   #2
Dan

Default Re: Bluetooth Headsets

Yeah, you'll be getting used to that. As soon as you start using mics sensitive enough to clearly pick up your voice from round by your ear, you start to introduce conditions conducive to feedback, which manifests itself early on as an echo, and in extreme circumstances (ie mic too close to speakers with PA system) results in the nasty squealing noise they always use in films to show that someone's turned the mic on.
Old 13-01-08, 09:31 AM   #3
wheelnut

I use one in the lorry, the problem is the lorry cab is 8 feet square and gets quite noisy, the bluetooth mic picks up all the wind noise, rattles, squeaks and knocks as well as my voice. I always get complaints. you will never beat a fitted hands free kit with the mic in front of your mouth
Old 13-01-08, 02:17 PM   #4
Mike2165

I've got a Parrot bluetooth hands free in the car, works brilliant, no echo etc, works through the speakers in the car. Got one in the missus car too, no complaints, highly recommended.
Old 13-01-08, 06:24 PM   #5
Biker_Billy

I use one quite a lot for work, and it does happen occasionally...however, if I disconnect and reconnect, it usually goes away.

Does happen tho...
Old 13-01-08, 06:45 PM   #6
Defender

Thanks for your help guys

I bought it off Ebay for a fraction of the rrp but thought it might be faulty. I'll keep hold of it and see how it goes.