SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-02-08, 10:09 PM   #1
MeatSwinger

Default Noob with stupid questions

Noob with stupid questions
Hi I'm Matt, from Virginia. I'm on the verge of buying an '03 SV650S with only 27 miles on it. Yes only 27 miles, as in less than 30 miles. At first I was skeptical of the mileage, but after looking at the tires, brake rotors, nose cowl, etc. I'm convinced the bike really has just 27 miles on it. Plus the owner seems honest. He has a lot of toys (boats, cars, ATVs, jet skis, etc.). Apparently he never got around to playing with the SV.

Anyho...

When the engine was running, the red light below the neutral light was on. Also the temp. display on the main LCD cluster alternately displays temp/FI. FI is also displayed on the left side of the cluster.

So now with my noob questions..

My assumption is that the ECU is displaying a fault, correct? If so, how can I check the code? Is there a table of codes on this site?

Is the red light below the neutral light related to the FI display on the cluster, or it is something else, like low oil pressure? The engine has the right amount of oil in it, also the oil disappears from the site glass when the bike is started, which I expected.

Thanks in advance.

You know, since I don't own an SV yet, maybe I'm pre-noob?
Old 03-02-08, 11:47 AM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: Noob with stupid questions

Hi, you can download the manuals from the main site, it will say the fault codes in there I am sure (I have a carburettor bike, so never looked, but the FI bikes manuals are there too and should sort you out! ).