SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-02-08, 04:02 PM   #1
plowsie

Default The CBR plan of action

Decided that this is the best place for this, as its CBR related.

After a discussion or two with Uncle Pete at the weekend about what to do with the CBR, I decided that its best if I keep it. Reasons being; if I sell it now i'm gonna be making a great loss on it when I sell it due to no-one wanting to pay anymore than a grand for it, even though at the moment I am calling it slow due to restriction things may be a little bit different(they will be) when I have her de-restricted, with a little bit of work it may look half decent.

Already been talking to Soulkiss about some stickers like his that can go on the front to tidy up the all white nose on the thing and cover a couple of scratches it has. I also asked Pete what a rattling noise sounded like on Sunday - my assumptions were along the lines of what he thought...Cam chain tensioner. Some new mirrors wouldn't go a miss as I dont like the ones atm that I have, seen some nice Carbon Fibre look ones. Need a screen, I so do. Undertray to tidy up the trailer on the back, and also a seat cover(seat cowl, but they only do covers). Swingarm, because the old one doesn't look too clever after I stripped it. Also, as I accidently stripped the paint of my rims i'm gonna get them re-painted. Then just a couple of little bits that I will get when I have the spare cash.

Could possibly be a topbox on the cards for practicality, but shhhhhhh nobody can read this!
Old 21-02-08, 04:14 PM   #2
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: The CBR plan of action

instead of stickers for covering scratches, don't you think a little patience and the correct colour touch up kit from a reputable paint shop would be preferable??
only my opinion, but stickers only hide the scratches, they're still there..and if you sell a buyer will consider this

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-08, 04:15 PM   #3
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
instead of stickers for covering scratches, don't you think a little patience and the correct colour touch up kit from a reputable paint shop would be preferable??
only my opinion, but stickers only hide the scratches, they're still there..and if you sell a buyer will consider this
Looking on the dull side of things I don't think I'm gonna be able to shift it - ever! But yeah, until I can get a paint job the stickers will do.
Old 21-02-08, 04:19 PM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I got given some marvellous advice from a paintshop yesterday. i got a touch up kit coming next week...I'll let you know in my rebuild thread how it goes, with before and after pics of suzys giant scar!!! I didn't think I'd be able to shift that, but its worht a go....can't look any worse!!!

Old 21-02-08, 04:19 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

If you don't like it then why spend £500(maybe more) on it. You won't see much of that back, so better to sell it for around £1000 and then have £1500+ to spend on a SV?
Old 21-02-08, 04:21 PM   #6
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

haha I just read your small print........it said
top box!!!
mmmmm sexy

Old 21-02-08, 04:40 PM   #7
Sosha

Kind of with ASM - the shock may send me into decline...
Old 21-02-08, 04:41 PM   #8
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
If you don't like it then why spend £500(maybe more) on it. You won't see much of that back, so better to sell it for around £1000 and then have £1500+ to spend on a SV?
Admittedly, I don't like it, mainly because it isn't quick, and sometimes it feels like it is gonna let go on the front a lot of the time. This can be solved with a bit. But yeah I get your point.
Old 21-02-08, 04:43 PM   #9
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Admittedly, I don't like it, mainly because it isn't quick, and sometimes it feels like it is gonna let go on the front a lot of the time. This can be solved with a bit. But yeah I get your point.
Problem is, let's say you get ?1000 for it. If you can raise another ?500 that isn't going to really get you anything better either. Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

Listen to me give out advice on bikes!!!!
Old 21-02-08, 04:43 PM   #10
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
We've talked a little about it not feeling quick. When the restriction period is over you'll probably like it a lot more.

As for the front feeling like it's going out from under you - you've already told me you need a new front tyre seperate to this thread. That may go some way to explaining that feeling.