SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-04-08, 11:20 PM   #1
shifter

Default Hertfordshire!

Just wondered how many on here are in the Herts area? Hardly see any Sv's around these parts.
Old 26-04-08, 11:31 PM   #2
Sean_C

Default Re: Hertfordshire!

I'm from cambridgeshire, don't really get far into Hertfordshire on my rides.. I can be seen going along the A507, and the B road before it that comes from newport to buntingford. That's about my limit
Old 27-04-08, 12:56 AM   #3
metalmonkey

I lived there for many years, then herts/bucks border well you know you know where my folks live.....

Well I'm moving closer to it, must sort out a ride soon, I'll let you know when I'm free next the roads around there r fun. BlueT.
Old 27-04-08, 07:46 AM   #4
Devil Biccy

I'm in Herts and See lots of SV's zooming up and down the M1/A41/M25 and then all the A/B roads in an around Herts/Beds and Bucks at the weekends. AS BlueThunder said join in on a ride out or two or even pop down to SoHo one Friday evening if it's not too far
Old 27-04-08, 08:21 AM   #5
Red ones
Mega Poster

I seem to spend most of life on the A1(M) and live in Herts
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 08:49 AM   #6
shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
I lived there for many years, then herts/bucks border well you know you know where my folks live.....

Well I'm moving closer to it, must sort out a ride soon, I'll let you know when I'm free next the roads around there r fun. BlueT.
I've found a nice route out through Wendover and on to Abingdon, Only done it in a van, mad for trying it on the bike!
Old 27-04-08, 08:55 AM   #7
DoubleD

My brother is normally up and down the A1 around Sandy, Biggleswade and Stevenage.
Old 27-04-08, 11:37 AM   #8
clodge

We are! You'll probably see us around - two SV650S' exactly the same, we look a bit like care in the community as we keep forgetting to take our yellow vis vests off!
Old 27-04-08, 11:59 AM   #9
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodge View Post
We are! You'll probably see us around - two SV650S' exactly the same, we look a bit like care in the community as we keep forgetting to take our yellow vis vests off!
How is the riding going now? You do much more, you liking the bikes now? Come down to Soho one Friday and meet everyone.....I'll be up for more rides soon, the weather is improving, getting bike serviced.
Old 27-04-08, 12:05 PM   #10
clodge

Going alot better thanks -still need to master corners, going a bit slow round those but it will come! Decided to do our first longer trip yesterday(only been doing abut 30 miles each time) and went to visit some relatives in Nottinghamon the bikes. Supposed to be about 150 miles but there was a detour and we got lost - ended up doing 230 miles in total round some back roads but it was good - knackering though! Will definitely try to come down to meet everyone.