SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-07-08, 03:21 PM   #1
Dicky Ticker

Default Garmin Zumo

When it records all your trip information one item is the max speed you have done during your journey,---is there any way to delete this function?
Old 27-07-08, 03:59 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Garmin Zumo

you been speeding naughty boy! hehe
Old 27-07-08, 04:43 PM   #3
Dangerous Dave

No need to worry, it can't be used in court as they cannot prove what vehicle it was attached too plus they are just as inaccurate as OEM speedos anyway.
Old 27-07-08, 04:51 PM   #4
DMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
When it records all your trip information one item is the max speed you have done during your journey,---is there any way to delete this function?
Theres a reset button on the bottom of the screen where the max speed is displayed. Press that & it gives you option to delete data
Old 27-07-08, 08:31 PM   #5
Jdubya

Any Idea where these are to be had at a good price?
Old 28-07-08, 09:14 AM   #6
Dicky Ticker

JW--bought mine[or should I say family birthday presesnt] in Halfords for £209
Not the top of the range model but good enough for the bike.
Old 28-07-08, 10:30 AM   #7
WicklowSV

Do what I did - I turned it on whilst on a plane - max reading says well over 350kph. Doubt even the SV can manage that!! So no worries about me getting into trouble with it.

Thing is - a GPS logs your progress all the time - so someone with enough knowledge of the device would easily be able to determine your speed at any point along your journey. Wonder could it have any bearing in the event of an accident etc?
Old 28-07-08, 10:53 AM   #8
Iansv II

£209 ? Presume that was the Zumo400

Been thinking about one of these for a while but price still puts me off for now
Old 28-07-08, 12:02 PM   #9
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicklowSV View Post
Thing is - a GPS logs your progress all the time - so someone with enough knowledge of the device would easily be able to determine your speed at any point along your journey. Wonder could it have any bearing in the event of an accident etc?
Nope, the speedo is not accurate and infact they vary at certain times during a journey on there accuracy.

All they can be used for is to plot your position on the roads, i.e if you were involved in a hit and run and get pulled 5 miles down the road because you match the description the old bill can use the SatNav to determine you were there. This does not make you guilty, as it does not prove you were the vehicle involved and only an examination by SOCO once impounded can determine that.
Old 28-07-08, 12:25 PM   #10
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
JW--bought mine[or should I say family birthday presesnt] in Halfords for £209
Not the top of the range model but good enough for the bike.

Ta,
I'll have a look. Although I would like something with street level european maps as well so I'll have a look about. Also, I'd like to be able to add maps whenever I go on holiday so an SD card slot would be essential. I'm sure thay'll have something like that in my local halfrauds.