SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-08-08, 10:34 PM   #1
carsounds_dan

Default What fairings and Painting said fairings

Hi,
for the rebuild of the sv im gunna fit race fairings with projector lights in the front. i was just wondering what fairings people have used on their curvy bikes?
I've got a small 25ltr compressor and fancy having a go at spraying myself. I've rattle canned a zxr400's front fairing before with great results but quite fancy buying a proper spray gun and spraying with proper water based paint.
im in the motortrade so getting hold of the paint etc is not a problem but i was wondering how much paint to get hold of.
I quite fancy spraying the fairings black at the bottom (angled from front bottom to follow the line of the rear subframe), white in the middle with red ontop with gold detailing under the red. it'll take a while but hey ho i don't mind at all..
I guess i wanna know how much paint im gunna need and whether the results from a first time spraying with a proper gun is gunna be that much better than a result from rattle cans (a local paint shop will put 2pack paint into a rattle can if wanted).
anyone whos done home spraying could you please show pics of the results and give some advice.